Suited Up And Ready For Bat-tle

"What the hell??! I thought I told you sick fucks to keep it PG in here!!" Steve shouts stomping over to us. "Shit.." 

...

"What's going on- OHHH." Robin gasps, realizing what was happening as she steps in the vehicle Eddie gets off me and picks up his shirt and jacket. I sit back up normally as if nothing happened. Steve rolls his eyes and jumps in the drivers seat, starting up the engine. 

As Eddie's struggling to turn is shirt from inside out, Nancy, Dustin, Lucas, Max, and Erica pile into the camper to see this. "Oh god." Max rolls her eyes, putting on the headphones to her walkman, and sitting down on one of the chairs connected to a table, which Lucas is also sitting at. 

Everyone else sits down but Dustin stops dead in his tracks, looking at Eddie, then me, then back to Eddie as he's pulling his shirt back on. "In the camper?? Seriously guys??!" Dustin gives us a look of disgust. "Shut up Henderson." Eddie snaps, shrugging on his leather jacket, and sitting down on the couch right next to me. 

"Alright, hold on to your asses cause we gotta move!!" Steve shouts back to us all before stepping on the pedal. 

...

After an hour on the road, we decided to park the stolen camper in an empty feild to discuss our plan and make weapons. 

Steve, Robin, and Nancy will go in the upside down version of Vecna/Henry Creel's house to kill him while Max, Lucas, and Erica will go to the normal version of his house to distract him. Max is going to try to lure Vecna into trying to kill her to buy more time and Lucas will be there to bring her back with that Kate Bush song. 

Erica will be outside sending signals etc. Now, heres where Eddie, Dustin, and I come into action. We'll be outside Eddie's trailer and he's gonna pull off some crazy awesome metal concert to lure the demobats over so the murder crew (Steve, Robin, and Nancy) can get in the house. 

We're making weapons now to fight off the demobats. Speaking of which, my wound from those stupid bats is doing much better. After this is all over I gotta wash that bandana for Eddie cause It has my blood all over it. 

"How's she feeling?" Dustin asks Eddie, who has just finished hammering nails into a garbage can lid. Eddie swings it around as if he's fighting someone. "Light, but durable. Deadly, but reliable!" He says with a strong grin.

I look up from where I'm still hammering nails into my shield to see Eddie still fooling around with his. "Hear me now!" He starts, putting on his best wizardy pirate voice. "There will be no more retreating... from Eddie the banished!" 

I laugh at this, standing up after completing my shield. "Hey you're really ready for BAT-tle!" Dustin jokes. Oh boy, this kid is full of dad jokes isn't he? Eddie just looks at Dustin's chortling face with a mix of confusion and amusement. "You get it??" Dustin looks at me for back up. 

I shake my head with a sarcastic smile. "Bat-tle.. B-A-T... no?" He sighs miserably, putting down his shield along with Eddie. I put down my shield too, crossing my arms. "I thought I had a good one-"

"HUUAHHHH!!!" Eddie yells, tackling Dustin in a second's time. "What are you doing??!" Dustin shouts, continuing to wrestle. 

I watch them in amusment, they do have quite the brotherly bond. I always forget that Dustin's not related to Eddie or Steve cause they all act like brothers, it's funny. "Never change, Dustin Henderson! Promise me?" I hear Eddie say. 

"I wasn't planning on it!" Dustin replies. "Good.. Hey, Sinclairs! How are those, uh, those spears coming on?" Eddie asks, shouting over to where Lucas and Erica are wrapping knives around broomhandles to make a bunch of spears. Lucas gives him a dorky thumbs up in response. 

...

We're back in the camper, the ride silent. The mood is cold, as we all know that there's a slim chance of survival in this. I feel a chill run down my spine as I grip onto my spear, desperate for some sort of relief from this nightmare we're all about to live. 

I take a glance at Eddie and Dustin, who are next to me, they both look equally as nervous as I am. A giant knot is forming in my stomach, not the good butterfly kind, but the terror kind. 

The only cool thing about this is the war wear we have on. I have Eddie's bloody bandana wrapped around my head like a headband, and a big black zip-up hoodie for protection. It's not much, but It'll gatekeep my torso from the bats for a good second. 

The wheels squeak before the vehicle stops fully in front of the old abandoned Creel house. "Good luck guys, stay safe.. please." I mumble as Max, Lucas and Erica exit the camper. I really hope they stay safe.. If something happens to those kids... All I know is that I'm going to fuck Vecna up.

The door shuts and Steve continues to drive down the road. 

It's much darker by the time we reach the trailer park. But before we turn in, we stop by a wooded area to go through the plan. "Okay. I want to run through this one more time. Phase one." Nancy says, standing up from where she sat. 

"We meet Erica at the playground, she'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready." Robin answers with a serious tone. "Phase two," Nancy continues on. "Max baits Vecna, he'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance." Steve adds along to the second step. Nancy nods, "Phase three?"

"Dustin, Eddie, and I draw the bats away." I say, standing up to join the conversation. "Step four."

"We head into Vecna's newly bat-free lair, and uh." Robin pauses to give a little shake to the molotov cocktail she's holding. "Flambé" 

"Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied.. Nobody deviates from the plan whatsoever. Got it?" Nancy says sternly, making her point clear. "Got it." Everyone cheers simultaneously, moving to grab their things and get out of the camper. 

I grab my spear and shield, following everyone else into the wooded area, and into the trailer park where we creep around, trying to find Eddie's trailer. We dash into the trailer, flashlights on, getting ready to climb through the gate. 

"Be careful." Dustin says to Steve. "Thanks buddy." Steve pats him on the shoulder before climbing up the rope, and landing in the upside down. 

After Steve brings the upside down-ified mattress over for a landing pad, next through the gate is Nancy, followed by all the weapons. 

Then it's Robin and Eddie. I eye Dustin, signalling for him to go next. He shrugs before climbing up the rope and into the upside down. Okay.. Me next, this is the point of no return. I take a deep breath, gripping onto the makeshift rope, and hoisting myself up. 

Tick! Tock! Tick! Tock!

 Oh no.

Tick! Tock! Tick! Tock!