Chapter 15

~Time lapse: 1 week~

My mom left for a girls weekend, so I have the house to myself. I'm pretty sure she's lying though, because she has no friends other than her one night friends when she goes to the bar.

It's 10:30am and I'm watching cartoons on the TV while eating fruit loops.

Typical morning, I know.

I get bored around 11:30, so I text Hannah.

Me: Hey

A few minutes later, my phone buzzes with a response.

Hannah: Why did you wake me up?

Me: It's 11:30

Hannah: I know. This is the crack of dawn for me

Me: Yeah ok

Hannah: So what's up?

Me: Idk I'm just bored

Hannah: Hold on, I got this

Me: Ummm, got what?

Hannah: Just wait

I wait for about five minutes before Hannah finally has a response to I don't know what.

Hannah: Meet me at Starbucks

Me: Any reason why?

Hannah: Coffee.....

I sigh. I text back 'ok' and get up to change. Hannah barely ever goes to Starbucks, so something must be up.

I get dressed and lock the door on my way out. I get in my car and drive off my street to Starbucks. I turn the radio on and "Counting Stars" starts to play.

I tap my finger on the wheel to the music, and before I know it, I turn into the parking lot to Starbucks. I spot Hannah's car and park right next to it. I get out and walk in.

Hannah's waiting at the counter. "Finally!" she exclaimed. "I thought you'd never get here!"

I sigh. "What is such an emergency, Hannah?"

"Let's order coffee first. Maybe it'll help me out how to word this to you."

We order our lattes and sit at a booth.

Hannah takes a sip of her coffee. "Ok, so, we visited Jenna yesterday-"

"Oh my gosh, is she ok?" I ask.

"Yeah, more than ok! She gets to come home today!"

I stop mid-sip and look at her with wide eyes. "What?! She does?!"

"Yup!" Hannah smiles wide, and so do I. "We just have to pick her up today and my parents said it was ok if you came too!"

"But I wouldn't want to intrude," I say.

"No, you wouldn't be intruding! My parents said it's ok."

I take a moment to ponder this. "Ok, if you insist."

"Yay!" Hannah claps her hands together. "Let's go!"

I nearly choke on my coffee. "Wait, now?!"

"Yeah!" she says. "My parents are on a trip for work, so I'm getting her."

"If your parents are gone, why did you even bother asking if I could come?" Knowing Hannah, she wouldn't ask about anything if her parents weren't home. Not even if she could go on a shopping spree, which she has done. She was grounded for two months.

"Oh, I didn't ask them. I just knew you would most likely say yes if I said they know."

"Sometimes, you know me too well."