A Crown Too Big For Him

Standing Infront of the large glass windows in the largest building of Yokohama was Port Mafia's newly crowned boss.
He wasn't alone there, The room was being guarded by some low level subordinates.
His auburn hair perfectly combed and dark brown eyes trailing the veiw of  Yokohama city.
The city looked beautiful at night.

It was quite peaceful after the long battle with Fyodor Dostoevsky, finally ended.
He knew it won't last long
After Mori's death he was crowned as Port mafia's new leader.
Mori Ougai, the personification of logic. Everything he did had some or other reason behind it.
So why?
He still does not understands why did Mori-san wrote his name in his will?
Why not Dazai? Why not Chuuya?  why not kouyou?

His chain of thoughts were broken when the door creaked open.
"Odasaku!"
His lips curved a little at the sight of the teenage stuck in an adult's body.
Dazai was 22 now but still behaved like a 15 year old.
"Dazai, Nakahara-san, Kouyou-san"

Chuuya took off his hat and kneeled down with Kouyou. "Boss"
On the other hand Dazai stayed as he was. That's quite disrespectful but he's been like that ever since he joined Port Mafia.
'That Bastard'
Even though his head was low chuuya could practically feel dazai grinning next to him.

"....You can get up now..." Truth to be told Oda was really nervous. It all felt so strange to him. From a low level Errand boy to the strongest person in Yokohama's underworld.
Normally anyone would have felt proud of such a big accompilation. Can it even be called a accomplishment? When he did absolutely nothing to earn it.

Chuuya got up wearing his hat again and stood next to his partner.
Kouyou as gracefully as ever stood up, not a single thing out of place.
"Ne Odasaku, Why did you call us here?"
Oda still had his neutral face on the outside but god only he knows how much he's panicking.
"I wanted to ask for a favour"
"Boss! you just tell what you want us to do and we'll do it" chuuya grinned all so boyishly making kouyou chuckle.
"Yeah Odasaku give a name and we'll give you the corpse" Dazai said casualy as if he's talking about the weather but hey they are mafisos so who cares.

"No not like that, I just.." Oda sighed visibly. "Take away this position from me. I don't think I am fit to have such a big responsibility."
"......"
"HUH!?"

"Boss, You would be dead by now if you weren't fit to be given such responsibility. We all want the Mafia to prosper and Yokohama to be safe and if we thought you weren't capable enough to do so I would have Personally killed you" Kouyou stated.

Before anyone could say any further.
Dazai Kneeled.
Dazai kneeled.
Dazai Osamu Kneeled.

Kneeling means a lot of things.
Submission, Loyalty , loss , vulnerability.
If done to a superior then it means showing respect and swearing loyalty to them.
If done to an enemy it means losing and submision to them.

Dazai Osamu never Kneeled. So when he did no one knew why.

Chuuya gasped wide eyed. If kouyou was shocked then she regained her composer quickly. Oda Just stared at him, eyes piercing.
Even though dazai always claimed Oda to be the strangest port mafia member he knew it was the opposite.
Dazai osamu was the strangest Port Mafia members.

Dazai still kept his head low. No one said anything.
The meeting was soon dismissed.
The executives left, leaving Oda with his own thoughts

........................................................................

"Oi! What was that?" Chuuya held his hands to stop him.
"What was what chibi?" Dazai replied making an innocent confused face.
"You know exactly what I am talking about" Chuuya grinned and stepped Infront of Dazai "Finally swallowed your huge ego huh?"
"If there's anyone here who has ego problems is you chibi" Dazai trailed his eyes on his body as if examining him.
"So much ego packed in a Petite body"
"YOU!!—"
"Byeeeee~"

........................................................................

"Odasaku!!!!!!!"
Lupin bar's door slammed open and a brunet clad in black walked in.
Smiling, He went and sat next to Oda.
"Boss, The usual for me" He turned towards his friend after saying that to the bartender.
"So how was your first day as the leader?"
"Normal"
That seemed to surprise him.
"Just normal? You really are strange Odasaku."

"Why did you Kneeled to me in the meeting?"
Dazai never lost nor was he ever loyal to anyone. He had no reason to kneel.
"Just felt like it" as expected dazai shrugged and didn't answered.
Oda never pushed him to tell something he didn't want to so he didn't asked any further. Not like he would have gotten any answers eiether way.

But he had a feeling he knew why.

........................................................................

Heyyyyyyy!!!
So why do you think dazai kneeled?
Any guesses?
what do you think would Oda be able to become a good leader?
Why did Mori choose him instead of Dazai , Chuuya or kouyou?
What would happen next?
Tell me your guesses in the comments.
Make sure to vote and follow me. byeeeee❤️

A New Page, A New Story And A New Beginningजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें