A Peaceful Moonlit Night on the Lawn

4/12/2022 - Age 20

It is currently 11:34 PM.

As all of life's stresses pile on top of me like dirty dishes in a tiny kitchen, the leftover waste concocts a vile and unbearable smell, leaving the room to rot.

At this point, whoever the owner of this tiny kitchen might as well get rid of the entire kitchen itself.

It is so much easier to destroy the kitchen or sweep it under the rug and forget its existence than to clean it

plate by plate,

spoon by spoon

while trying to block out the monstrous odor.

Like my life, these plates are piling up faster than I can wash them.

The choice of either abandoning everything or forcing myself to bear through it all pushes me to insanity. The walls are caving in. The ninety-foot tall wave is rapidly approaching the shoreline at where I stand, and I can only watch it consume me.

Once again I let my thoughts run free in my head, like a team of horses swiftly gliding across an endless meadow. These thoughts are just thoughts. After today, they will be replaced with a new set of thoughts that produce new emotions. Nothing is permanent.

As the warm breeze slowly becomes colder, I bring my arms closer to my chest, with my hands tightly tucked into the long sleeves of my hoodie. I bring my head back and fall onto the grass, with my arms extended out like a starfish. The stars faintly glisten in the deep darkness that hovers from above, and I let the grass hug me tight, sinking deeper into nothingness.