Chapter 6

Quinn's POV

"Quinn, honey you have to get up," Kerry says, shaking me. I grunt. "The ruling is today, we need to get ready." Oh right, the court ruling. The main ruling was today. The ruling for me and my brother's jail time had been last week and we had both been released. How my brother got off with the video of him choking Sophia was anyone's guess. Mine was my parents.

"What time is it," I ask.

"7:00," she answers. The ruling wasn't until 10:00.

"Why so early," I say, sitting up.

"You have to get ready," Kerry says as she turns on the lights.

"For 3 hours?"

"Today requires a little extra, Quinn. We need to make you look nice, we need to make it look like you're doing well here."

"I am doing well here," I say, emphasizing 'am.'

"That doesn't matter if you don't look like it," she sings as she walks out of the room.

"Ok ok ok," I say kicking off my covers and walking to the kitchen. I look around the living and dining area and find that two little personalities are missing.

"Where are the girls," I ask Joey, who is pouring a cup of coffee at the counter.

"Kerry took them over to Dana's house," he says, sipping his drink.

"Geez, how early was she up."

"Too early," he answers.

"No kidding," I say, smiling. "You look nice." Joey was wearing a tux, I had never really seen that.

"We are going to court," he says. It had been requested that no one from our merry band of actors came, just Kerry and Joey. It made sense, since they were the people my custody would be transferred to. I had been a little shocked that they had both stepped forward to adopt me so quickly. Actually, I was a lot shocked, they were truly some of the most amazing people I had met. God I hoped we won.

"That's what everyone keeps saying,"I say. He chuckles and I pour myself a bowl of Cheerios. "Do you think we'll win?" I added nervously.

"I don't know Quinn, I sure hope so."

"Don't say that Joey," Kerry says from behind me and I jump a little. "Sorry Quinn," she says, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Of course we're going to win. Come on," she says pulling me away from my barely finished bowl of cereal. Dang it. I like food. Joey shoots me a sympathetic look. Once we're in Kerry's room she pulls out a dress. I was thinking you could wear this. It's gray, hugging in the top and then fanning out a little above the hips. The bottom seems to go a little below my knees and it seems around my size. Not something I would usually wear but I didn't think I was getting out of this.

"Where did you get it?" I ask.

"One of Sophia's dresses. She said it was a little too big for her height wise and you two are pretty similar in size, except you're a bit taller than her so I thought, perfect!'' I smile to myself a little. One of Sophia's dresses. Kerry sends me off to go get changed and when I get back she pulls me into the bathroom. She straightens my hair, which was pretty much naturally straight but the ends curled themselves sometimes. Then she adds a silver clip on one side of my head, pulling layered bangs out of my face. When Kerry is done I look different. I still look like myself, but a groomed version. I got dressed up once a while for my parents' business dinners but that was about it and I certainly did not straighten my hair. Once I'm finished I head back out into the kitchen. My Cheerios are soggy now.