Princess on the run [Part 5]

Small note: i won't be posting for a week, i'm going on a trip with school to spain. And i'm scared as fvck😭 since it's without parents and i easily have homesickness, and it's with a airplane i don't like those. 🥲

Four months had passed, everything was going well. You got closer to the Hashiras but most of all to Muichiro, there was something you thought was special about him. Something that made you happy, everything went well. You caught up, Muichiro has already shown you a small smile once. You never forget that moment.

You were sitting on a bench outside with Mitsuri, Obanai and Muichiro. Obanai did not want to be there but was pulled along by Mitsuri. "I've already made some plans for tomorrow!" Mitsuri said happily, you looked at her surprised when she and Obanai sit opposite you on the bench. "To shop!" She said afterwards, you nodded with a smile. You kept talking until an angry concerned Shinobu walked up.

"Y/n, what's this?" She threw a piece of paper right in front of your face, you read it when it had a picture of your face with missing above it. "But you already knew I ran away, didn't you?" You asked her, she sighed and pointed there under your picture. "It says you ran away and the only person you were close to was Rengoku. They're looking for you, and your father knows Rengoku right? He knows where you are." Shinobu said, your eyes widened. Mitsuri looked sad and afraid of you, Obanai comforted Mitsuri. If Muichiro remained silent next to you.

"And now..?" Early you can, You look around you when everyone stays quiet. Muichiro got up and grabbed your arm and pulled you from your seat. He took you inside the house without saying a word. "Muichiro?" You started, but he remained silent. When you got to your room, he opened your door. "Pack your things and I'll get mine. We'll run away together." He said, you looked at him in shock. He looked serious but he never really showed any emotion so you couldn't really tell how he was feeling.

"Are you sure?" You asked him, he nodded slowly.

"They're here." Mitsuri ran inside, she looks scared. Kyojuro quickly came running in after that. "Climb through the window, Muichiro please stay with her. Come back before nightfall." Said Kyojuro, Muichiro looked at you and walked to the window he opened the window and climbed out, you followed him and looked at Kyojuro. You ran up to him and hugged him. "You'll be back, don't worry!" Kyojuro said to you, he sounded scared but stayed strong with a smile. You climbed out of the hold and Muichiro caught you. "Thank you." You said he started running into the woods. "Wait for me!" You ran after him.

~~

You stopped at an old hut, Muichiro opened the door and let you walk in. You started to sit on the floor and Muichiro sat next to you. It was quiet, you looked around you. It was dark and if there's one thing you don't like it's dark. "Muichiro?" You said to him, you looked his way and he was already looking at you.

As if he could already see that you were scared, he threw an arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him. You laid your head on his shoulder and he rested his head on yours. When the time went on you decided to close your eyes, burried your head more into his shoulder to his chest. "Do not be afraid." He said.

you felt warmth against your forehead.

Your cheeks get redder and redder, you shook the feeling away and closed your eyes. You let the dark rule over you and fell asleep, you felt your body get warm as if someone or something has put a cloth over you. The arms around you tightened.

When you slowly opened your eyes, you saw that you were in someone's arms as the person ran through the forest. Your blurry vision returned to normal when you see Muichiro holding you in his arms. He kept running until you shot it when voices scream behind you "are those.." You asked softly, Muichiro kept running through the bushes. "Yes, those are your father's guards." He said. You couldn't see anything when Muichiro held you tighter in his arms.

"Stop! If you don't stop now you're in grave danger boy, give the princess back!" Said one of the guards, Muichiro wasn't listening. You became afraid, not for yourself but for Muichiro. Soon he'll be in trouble because of you. "Muichiro...Stop." You said to him, he looked at you and stopped. The guards overtook you and stood in front of you now. you watched to Muichiro, when you hear the voice of your father and mother. Your mother came running up and hugged you. "I've missed you." She said.

"I didn't" You said, your mom took a step back from you. You turned and looked at your father. "You pretended like i was one of your prisoners." You said sternly, you were disappointed in your parents before that. You held Muichiro's hands. Muichiro didn't even move. He let you hold his hands, your father looked at Muichiro. "I want to stay with the Hashiras, that's where I feel myself. I'm happy there." You said, your mother who looked shocked at first had tears in her eyes. They were happy eyes. "I'm fine with that, Y/n." She said.

"Wait what? You just trust that boy without talking to him. He hasn't even said a word yet." Said your father, he didn't sound angry but surprised. "I can talk, but not to people I don't like." Muichiro said as he looked at the guards who had been chasing you guys. "Dad... please..." You looked at him, he looked back and finally sighed. "Fine, you can stay there. But! You promise to visit us twice in a week in the castle anyway." He said, you hugged him without thinking. "Thank you." Your father smiled, you ran back to Muichiro and jumped on him as your arms went around his neck. You hugged him tight and he, he hugged you back.

—————————————
There are two more chapters to come in this series! :)