Chapter 13

June 17, 2024

"WHAT?" I screamed. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN GOOD BEHAVIOR?"
"Avia we can't control these things. Cesar is being released due to good behavior. It happens all the time." Dad pressed his palms together. "Ok?"
"God... I just. I don't know." I burst into tears.
"Sweetheart I know, I know it's hard. He'll be moving back to LA, we changed your number, he will leave you alone." Dad cooed. "It's over, ok?"
"No! It's not!" I shouted.
"Avia..." Dad started.
"He was supposed to stay in until frickin' February of NEXT YEAR!" I shouted.
"Honey, I know. He will leave you alone, that's a promise." Mom hugged me.
"You don't understand." I said in between sniffles.
"We do, sweetie. We know how you feel." Mom pushed the hair out of my tear stained face.
"No. You don't." I walked out and stormed into my old room. I slammed the door. I hadn't slept in this room for so long. The pink walls, the Taylor Swift poster, all still there. I was visiting the family for a few days.
"Avia?" Dad knocked.
"Can I please be alone?" I asked.
"Ok. Just come out when you are ready to talk." He calmly said.
I lay down in my old bed. Thoughts racing through my mind. I know my parents mean well, but they truly don't understand. The only reason I wanted Cesar to stay in jail longer was so that I had time to control whatever feelings I had left for him. Now that he's out, I don't know what to think. I honestly wasn't sure why I was upset. I wanted Cesar to be released, I did. But I didn't want it at the same time. I didn't understand what I was thinking.
I got up and walked back upstairs.
"Hey." I mumbled.
"Avia what's going on? You haven't been yourself since the trial." Mom sat down next to me.
"I..." Tears welled up in my eyes. "I think... I want Cesar to be released. That's why I'm crying. I WANT him to get out."
Mom paused. "Why?" She whispered.
"Because. I just. God I don't know. I still... I... Just. I know." I stuttered.
"Know what?" Mom asked.
I swallowed. "I know that I still have feelings for him."
Mom shifted in her seat uncomfortably. She hesitated to answer. "Ok." Was all she managed to say.
"I'm sorry." I cried.
"Avia, don't be sorry. I'm just confused that's all. I thought you hated him for what he did."
"I thought I did too. But at the trial when I saw him again everything just flooded back. I felt the same way I did when I was younger. He seemed so regretful and sad. He looked at me so honestly." I wiped my eyes.
"I know honey. I think you are just in shock. Cesar hurt you, Avia." She held my hand.
"I know. I know. But... I just. I just want to start over with him." I immediately wanted to take back those words.
Mom looked shocked. Her eyes went wide, her mouth dropped open. "Avia... Avia you can't do this." She looked concerned. "He was clearly sorry, he was clearly remorseful, but that doesn't mean he won't do it again." She looked at me. "Avia you can't-"
"I can though. I am 19 years old, Mom. I am fully capable of making my own decisions. And I'm sorry if you don't approve but I..."
"You what?" Mom didn't seem mad.
"I think Cesar and I can start over." I let a tear roll down my cheek.
Mom wiped the tear.
"Ok. You're right. I can't control what you do, I can give you help in everything but I can't make your decisions. If this is what you think is right, I can't say I'm thrilled, but I will support you." She hugged me.
"I love you Mom." I whispered.
"I love you so much, Avia. You know that right? I don't want to hold you back in life." She sounded choked. "You're my oldest daughter. I just want to keep you little forever." She began to cry.
"Mom!" I started to cry again. "You're making me cry now!" I laughed.
Mom pulled away from our hug.
"You'll be ok." She smiled.
I looked at her loving eyes. I didn't say anything, but I just smiled at her. We'll be okay. I will be okay. God I hope I'll be okay.
---------------------------------------------
Well guys... It's over... For now!! Sequel will be up soon. Hope you enjoyed it!!!!! Be ok the look out for the upcoming sequel!!!