𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

Everyone knew about Hawkins's reputation and yet kept a blind eye on the strange phenomena roaming deep into the forest

Everyone knew about Hawkins's reputation and yet kept a blind eye on the strange phenomena roaming deep into the forest. Myths were told, even rumours that could cost a poor soul's life. To the point, Hawkins's local science had to develop a caution alert for late hours making it clear that no kids not even adults were to be seen nearest the area. Last summer proved to everyone that. Heck even Hopper himself thought that those monsters he had just seen prior were a piece of cake. Or so he thought they were.

No one talked about the incident much further as the month of July and August passed by. Recovering from such an event got everyone, mostly Max exhausted that her parents due to the poorly grief of her brother, spoke to a psychologist soon as possible. The boys on the other hand tried their best to entertain themselves before school started anytime soon. This year was particularly special for them, transferring to high school was a big step and they made it clear enough they wanted to make their first year phenomenal.

Steve, Jonathan, Nancy, Robin and you all worked through summer jobs. Enough to say that you were very lucky to be able to get a job at Hawkins's local restaurant rather last minute. If there was one thing you wanted out of this summer be to end it on a seemingly good note. This is why distracting yourself as soon as possible, became your first solution. Billy's death affected many, without a say in it the grief both Max and you reunited every weekend at his grave and sat in front of his in silence.

For Max, you were her confident, unlike her psychologist in contrary of her parents. She complained about the sessions she had with her, which barely worked in her favour and more for the paycheck. She asked how you were doing every time you both had the chance to see each other outside the cemetery. Often a nod and a simple yes was enough for her to understand to not speak further about the subject and go on with the day.

Unlike your brother Steve, seeing him a little bit at ease with himself had brought you closer together as siblings. Being able to hang out with Robin during your days off, she often teased about how horrible Steve was at acting like the confident lover boy he was. Forgetting about Nancy was one thing, but trying to forget about love was another story. Then summer ended, the kids were going to high school, you on your last one and in fact quite thrilled to say the least.

Spending another time inside those hideous wallpapers and colors, to which whoever had decided to design a school such as this one should be banned from any projects in the future. Let alone designing another school. If they were assigned to. From teachers who teached their subjects either out of boredom or with passion, sometimes you did envy the people you hanged out outside school hours the most. Since, unlike Steve, who was a social butterfly you on the contrary felt bitter sweet when it came to meet new people.

However, once you entered the school for another year and to your delight enjoyed going back to a normal life, having a routine, seeing friends when needed and most importantly, lunch time. The boys were already in their shoes when both Dustin and Mike exited from your car and bolted outside to be the first to enter. "Bye Y/N! See you this afternoon!" They said in union in which you waved, feeling like a mom who just happened to drop her kids off to their first day in high school.