Stay With Me ≫ Brick x Sick! Female! Reader

Art: Thundarrow

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Vomiting
• Some angst

****

You retched again, heaving up another mouthful of the slimy, half-digested rat you had eaten earlier. You groaned, slumping against the wall for support. Your throat was burning horribly, and your limbs felt weak. Saliva began dripping from your mouth, leaving a bitter taste on your tongue. A deep sigh sounded from behind you, followed by a paw on your shoulder. "I told ya to stay away from those rats, doll-face. I think the humans 'round here feed 'em some kinda poison." You started to lash out with a stinging retort, but a sharp pain in your throat interrupted you. You began coughing until you dislodged a small bone from your esophagus.

"Good to know," You grumbled, wiping your mouth with a paw. "If only you had actually said that."

"What are ya on about now?" He retorted hotly. "I did tell ya that! What else did ya think I meant by ,don't eat the garbage in that alley'?" You glared at him, your vision still blurry from your watery eyes.

How can he be this stupid?

"You told me to not eat the garbage down there!" You snapped, beginning to feel nauseous again. "You didn't specify the rats!" You doubled over again, stomach heaving and yellow bile dotted with chunks of black fur splashing onto the ground in a pile in front of you. Brick sighed again, softer this time. He started to gently rub his paw up and down your convulsing spine, patiently waiting for you to finish heaving.

"That's it, doll-face. Get it all out." Several more painful mouthfuls of vomit later, you sat down and let your head fall below your shoulders as you struggled to catch your breath. Brick watched you for a moment, then carefully stepped around the mess you had made. "All done?"

"Y-yeah..." You stammered, suddenly too weak to even stand up. "That's all... I can hardly move, Brick..." Your rust-colored friend sighed, then gently pushed you to your paws by leaning against your shoulder.

"Let's getcha to bed, numbskull. C'mon." You obliged, leaning heavily against his muscular body as he carefully guided you back into the small lot that made up BloodClan territory and past the prying eyes of the other strays. You couldn't care less what they thought— Your head was pounding too hard to dwell on it, anyway. Brick helped you climb onto the old mattress you slept on, leaning against you in order to prevent you from collapsing. That didn't work, however, because you just collapsed anyway.

He sighed, watching you with an unreadable expression. "Alright, then. I'm gonna go see if I can find anything that might help ya. I'll be back in a little—"

"No!" You interrupted him weakly, struggling to sit back up. "I don't want to be alone. Stay with me... Please..." You were so weak and fatigued that you couldn't hold your head up for more than a few seconds. You groaned, collapsing back onto the mattress and letting your eyes flutter closed.

"Alright, alright," Brick meowed, sounding slightly annoyed. "I'll stay. Just don't die on me. Ya got that?" You tried to respond, but you were already halfway into a deep sleep. You simply murmured a faint "mhm", then fell silent again. You felt Brick curl up next to you and rest his chin on your shoulder. "Goodnight, doll-face. Get some sleep, okay? I'll be here when ya wake up." You sighed in content, snuggling up to him. Normally, especially when you were this sick, you wouldn't sleep out of fear that you would get attacked in your weak state, but as you listened to Brick's steady heartbeat and felt him pressed against you, you knew you had nothing to worry about.

****

I couldn't come up with a better ending ^^" I apologize

Brick needs a book about him, or at least a novella. I really want to know his backstory! I think he's a really cool guy.

If you have a request, feel free to drop it in the comments, or anywhere else! I never turn down requests, unless they go against the rules