54. Aᴛ ʟᴇᴀsᴛ

Yejis pov
There he was, he was sitting on the sofa, looked like he was just waiting for me. I bowed to show my respect and walked away "wait Yeji."
He said grabbing my hand. I was surprised by his action. I stood there waiting for him to say what he was going to say.

"I'm so sorry, I just wasn't myself that time."
He said. I scoffed "which time cuz if your apologizing for something you did wrong then their is many things you did wrong." I stated.

I was sick and tired of being a outcast, and I'm worried of that boy in my bedroom. I hope they didn't treat him like they did to me and hyunjin.

"Yeji, I'm sorry for everything, please forgive me." He said holding my wrist tighter.
"I'll think about it." I finished the conversation there. I didn't want to speak anymore.

I didn't feel like looking back. Just forward.

I saw hyunjin sitting at the dinner table with a boy. Was this seungmin? I smiled, at least someone's happy. I started to get curious about that boy in my room. I went to his room. I saw him stirring in the sheets.

I sat there on the floor watching the boy wake up. It might sound creepy but I'm just curious.
I saw him sit up and that's when I stood up.
"Hey, I'm Yeji who are you?" I said being nice. I didn't want to scare him, I was already watching him in his sleep.

"I'm Riki, b-but I always go as Niki." He said nervously. "May I ask, are you related to the owners of this house?" I said. He didn't look much as my parents.

"N-No they got me from an adoption center, I'm from Japan." He said. I could see it though.

"That's nice, so my parents adopted you that's nice, are they good to you?" I said trying to get comfortable. I sat next to him in the bed.

"They are good to me, they are very nice." He said smiling a bit. I smiled at him. At least he was also happy. That's all the matters right now happiness.

"Yeji?"

"Yes?"

"I heard some of the conversation of you and your father, just forgive him, he's holding back." I was surprised by his words.

"Niki, I don't know-"

"For me?"

"Ok."