c a n d y. { Hisoka x reader }

In short, it was a rather long week. The training you had been doing was intense. Gym, eat, train, sleep, repeat. It's been that mind numbing, body aching madness even your girlfriends have started to notice. Toned and glowing upper appendages thrown out in front of you, locks dropping over your head in turn. A heavy sigh escaped your lips, muffled by the table you've smooshed your face into out
of pure exhaustion. Lylah had raised a brow at your actions. Sitting across from you, arms crossed and pin straight blonde hair falling over her narrow shoulders. She leans forward and pokes your head harshly causing you to grasp at your locks and jolt up furrowing your brows at her.
You: " Hey what was that for-?! "
Lylah rolls her eyes and replies: " Look at you-? You're a mess! Your eyes are as soulless as a black hole! What's got your panties all in a twist? You're the most confident girl I know, but clearly you're tripping. "
You lean forward and rub your eyes, hair indeed messy enough you have to agree with the other.. " You know that.. magician guy? The one I've been trying to avoid? "
Lylah: " Oh yeah! That Hisoka dude— "
You: " Yeah well-.. " You trail off as you chuckle in fear, digits combing through your locks in frustration.
Lylah: " Oh no.. you don't have to fight him do you-?! "
You just continue to chuckle as a reply. " I'm doomed. He won't let me live to see the next day! My unborn children, I haven't even gotten a chance to live my life! Lylah! My prince, I haven't even met him yet oh my God-!! "
You shook her shoulders harshly, grasping them with your fingertips so harshly they turned white, your eyes wild. She takes it upon herself to snap you out of it, or slap you out of it. With one quick strike across your cheek to stop you from panicking, she waves her hand in pain. You're quite strong yourself, but even the talented feared that man he was like death walking. Now it was her turn to grasp your shoulders, trying to keep you from going mad already.
Lylah: " Look girl, it's gonna be okay. Wait, why can't you just back out? "
You: " Because I have tuition to pay! I'll lose this free lodging, free food, and I'll be drowning in debt! "
Lylah: " Oh yeah.. you're pretty much doomed. "
She said this in a matter of fact manner, causing you to grown in frustration and tug at your hair again.
Lylah: " Well if you're gonna die anyway, let's go do something fun on your last night alive. Plus I wanna enjoy the time I have left with the intact (y/n) while I still have you— so what do you say we go party hardy-!! "
You raise your hands to your head, massaging your temples. Your friend has always been a party goer, unlike you she lived a relatively normal life. Though she had no knowledge of how to use nen on her own, she has hung around you long enough she knows the basics of how deep your trouble is. But like a true bestie she plans to stick beside you, and cheer you up with her God awful jokes. So you wave aside your unwillingness to participate in any sort of social event and decide to amuse her, just this once which you voice out before rising to your feet.
You: " Alright.. but just this once! "
She all but jumps for joy, clapping as her strands bounce up and down with her elegant form. She drags you off to your shared room you stay in at heaven's arena. Part of the reason why you're so bummed about most likely losing to Hisoka, she will lose her place to stay as well.. but enough of thinking about that for now, time to go "party-arty" you suppose.
~ —————— later that evening —————— ~
Both dressed to kill, stunning and done up made you unrecognizable since you usually wore athletic wear and sweats due to your part time job. Immediately you were invited into the club with flashing lights and blaring music. It made you want to curl up into a ball and hide from all the commotion, yet you flinched and forced yourself onwards. The faux fur over your shoulders was useless and annoying in your eyes, but Lylah assured you it was a major part of your outfit. And you had to say, she had an eye for fashion indeed. So sighing, you drew the itchy material over your shoulders. That's when you heard it, that obnoxiously haughty laughter that you hear in every victory interview playing on screen that sends a shudder down your spine. You stop in your tracks and score the place like your life depended on it, because it just might..
Hisoka let out a pretentious laugh at the male who somehow found the courage to make his way over to the male and try to make conversation, it was most likely the liquor. His veins and instincts were subdued enough by the plum vodka in front of him he hadn't swatted the other into oblivion. So instead he turned his head away from the fly that buzzed irritatingly next to him, not wanting to have to lift a finger to swat it away just as the third bottle was settling pleasantly in his veins. Yawning in utter boredom he scans the place for something to set his nerves ablaze, everyone knows alcohol makes fire burn brighter. The sound of stools scraping made him turn his head subconsciously towards the bar. He spotted two figures, a blonde and a..- oh so familiar face.
He couldn't help the way his lips stretched into a smirk, now this ought to be fun. He cut the flies buzzing temporarily as he stood on his heeled boots downing his vodka in one smooth motion, wetting his lips as the alcohol started to tingle across his skin, in anticipation.
You cannot believe how stupidly unlucky you are all of a sudden. Not only did you find Hisoka in the bar you came to celebrate in, but you made eye contact with him long enough to make him want to come over and talk to you with that creepy grin. You curse internally, and decide to stall him by downing your Scotch and dragging your friend out of her seat dashing to the dance floor. Not quite buzzed enough to want to participate with your alcohol intolerant best friend, you had brought the bottle with you to which you chugged without hesitation. As the liquid burned the back of your throat you could feel your world warp and time slow down around you. You could only imagine the stupid look on your face as you jump up and down to the beat of the bass riveting your being. Just as the music switched to something a little more sultry, there were prying eyes already on your form unknowing to you. But one in particular was quicker than the rest. Grabbing your wrists in large, softly callused hands they were lifted above your head. Your head was swimming too much for you to be able to focus on his face, all you could tell was that his muscular torso was pressed up against yours in the meantime, fire like strands falling over the front of his chiseled, pale face. Intoxicated by his sugary sweet scent, and appearance you could only make out the word "dance" roll off his tongue, dripping in strawberry sweetness. You simply nod excitedly at this handsome stranger's offer, the only thoughts in your mind were filled with candy.
Eye candy, butterscotch candy, you ate it up like the snack he was. Dancing without inhibitions, you let the handsome stranger do his magic, digits rolling up and down your curves softly, dripping with candy apple syrup. His sharp nails running across your scalp as his fingers tangled in your hair and stuck like bubblegum. The music, and his presence sent you into a frenzy of artificial sweetness. Only when the bass temporarily quieted and the lights shone over his figure you saw the man you dreaded.
Before you could part your lips or even blink in protest, digits slender rose to your plush lips, wine stained. And though his malicious aura smelled so artificial it was still sweet enough for you to crave more like strawberry syrup all around you. The eyebags under his eye were prominent as that bubblegum plastered smile like a clown mask drawn by the most skilled doll maker, silenced your rebuttal. Hisoka leaned close enough to you that you could feel his hot breath against the shell of your ear sending chills of both fear and excitement down your spine, suddenly you realized what you felt for him was not disgust like you had hoped, but intoxication. Instead of pushing him away you were addicted to his potently key lime scent. Hisoka: " Don't worry your pretty face about the fight.. I don't plan on hurting you just yet my little fruit~ "
You gulped down the jaw breaker sized lump in your throat, your heart beating a million miles a minute as his breath still ran down the artery pulsing along the side of your neck with velvety chocolate as he continued to sway you with feigned innocence.
Hisoka: " If you don't run away just yet.. I might even let you win~ "
That threw you in for a loop, perhaps you were just too drunk on his presence that you couldn't make out his reasoning. And then a sourish-sweet explosion in your mouth as he crashed his cherry lips against yours in a fierce and fiery passion, almost as though he has been craving you just as much. Strawberry lemonade swirl were your tongues dancing before he let you breathe, him not even breaking a sweet as he stared down at you with something sweet coating the selfish interior, you belonged to him now and you very well know it.
Hisoka: "Besides.. if you win I'll just move in with you. How about you show me around tonight, I'll be sure to make myself at home~ "
He was evil dipped in candy, you knew exactly what he meant. He was perfectly capable of putting you in your place, and if he let you win you'll owe him. Now that he had you in his sticky grasp he wasn't going to spit you out. You were his fresh fruit to his artificial candy.
Hisoka: "Mm.. my apple all dipped in candy~ I can't wait to have a bite..~ ♡ "