The sun burns through the clouds

A/N: Content warning: this chapter features topics of toxic relationships [the beginning with Dream and Cros then hinting at one with Blue and Fell/Red] and hints of s/h, be warned

A few months after the world was destroyed

Dream sighed and glared at the skeleton in front of him "Cross." he paused for a moment "I'm done with this shit. We're through."

Cross blinked in surprise, Dream could only guess what he was thinking

"Dream, What.. what do you mean..?" Cross asked

"What do I mean? WHAT DO I MEAN?! you put me through your bullshit for years! You even tried to fuck me when I was unconscious like some crazy person!!" Dream snapped at him now slightly shaking in frustration "YOU also decided to use me as a punching bag or your fucking slave! YOU even isolated me from my friends! I don't even know about their situations right now thanks to you! They could be hurt or worse! and it'll be your fault!" he has to admit it, he's never been this mad before

Cross was surprised by that sudden outburst of anger, yes they were arguing but he didn't expect that. Dream just shoved past Cross and went to pack his things, it didn't take long since he only had clothes, some books Nightmare got him into way back in the day, and his bow. When he was about to leave Cross grabbed his wrist in an attempt to stop him

"Dream, look I-" Dream pulled his arm away turning to him

"Shut up Cross. And don't even try fixing the relationship you destroyed." He turned back to the door and walked out "...and if you try anything I'm pretty sure Nightmare would like to know about everything you did when I see him during the next Peace Month" Dream called over his shoulder as he closed the door and teleported to the base.

Dream sighed seeing the amount of dust and cobwebs everywhere "..looks like I have some work to do" Dream went to his room and put his stuff in there then went to get to work on cleaning the base, he started in his room then slowly cleaned every inch of the halls and main rooms of the base. It took hours but it did help him calm down since cleaning on his own accord was relaxing to him, along with reading. Dream soon took a break. He deserved it after working nonstop for hours and he decided to contact both Blue and Ink; after 15 or 20 minutes of no response he shrugged and decided to get back to work while he waited; Dream was just sweeping, silently questioning how the power was still working when his MonsterPhone went off. Dream perked up and went over to see if either it was Blue or Ink or a petty apology from Cross, it was Blue who contacted him, and as usual Blue sent a paragraph of text explaining a lot of things he missed. Dream read all of it and now has a newfound hatred for Fell, he kept calm and sent Blue a message that he's at the base currently cleaning and he can come over if he wants then when he sent the message he went back to cleaning.

Soon Dream heard someone teleport over to him and got tackle-hugged by someone, he looked over and saw Blue, Dream hugged back

"I'm so sorry that happened Blue.."

Blue nuzzled his friend a little "It's okay, some of it is my fault..."

Dream stopped hugging him, holding Blue's shoulders to look at him "Excuse me? No-no-no-no. Blue you didn't do anything wrong, Fell just wanted to hurt you like what you said he liked tearing down your self-esteem and how you saw yourself- I mean he even hit you once all because you talked back to him to defend yourself! I'm sorry that happened to you and you shouldn't beat yourself up about leaving him."

Blue nodded a little, "sorry... What happened to you and Cross though?"

Dream grimaced "He decided to mistreat and hurt me, I left him a couple of hours ago"