𝟹 ; ʙᴀᴅ ɢʀᴀᴅᴇs

I'm proud of you.

Nekoma was, no doubt, an amazingly strong team

Nekoma was, no doubt, an amazingly strong team. Their plays were exact, leaving no space for imperfection, and watching them play always made one swing between absolute calm and sitting on the edge of their seat.

Such was the state of [ name ], Nekoma's very loved manager. She had faith in her team and her players, she did, but every single receive and set made her want to scream from anticipation; so she decided to express this excitement in cheers.

"Nice set, Kenma!"

Okay, so it was mostly for her boyfriend, but can you blame the poor girl?

When the whistle blew, signalling a time out, she got ready to hand out towels and water bottles. They were all very lively and she could visibly see how in-the-game they were. They were discussing plays when Taketora decided to voice a rather queer complaint.

"[ name ]-chan," he whined, getting the attention of all the other players. Kenma glanced at Tora from the corner of his eye, wondering what this was about. "I know you can Kenma are, like, dating - " he said this word as if it was a curse. " - but we wanna get cheered for too!"

And only heaven knows what happened, because everyone abandoned the actual volleyball match and started agreeing with Tora.

"That's right, [ name ]-chan, we wanna get encouraged and praised too!"

The poor girl couldn't say anything.

"Nice receive, Yaku-san!" Cheering for Nekoma was not a difficult task. They just naturally made a person want to stand up and cheer them on!

"Good toss! Nice kill!"

And so the game went.

~ - ~

The girl was basically shaking in her seat. You could see her tenseness from a mile away, and she was extremely close to breaking down.

She'd just gotten a test back , and the results were way less than satisfactory. She hadn't been able to study for this particular exam as she was struggling to manage family, school and manager duties, and the stress was really showing.

She shoved the paper back into her bag, trying not to look at it as she stood up, stiffly walking to the gym. Before entering, she made sure to take deep breaths and calm herself down. These boys knew her better than anyone, and if she showed the smallest sign of something being wrong, she knew she wouldn't be able to keep her load in.

"Hey, guys!" She cheerfully exclaimed, cringing when her eyes met Kenma's.

"Hey, [ name ]," a couple of voices responded, and she made her way to where Coach was. Grabbing her notebook, she carried on with her manager duties, trying her best not to lock eyes with Kenma throughout the entire time they were there.