FIVE.

SIMP! CHAPTER FIVE.

REAL LIFE.

—meanwhile

meanwhile...
15 MINUTES EARLIER!

❪ justaminx! ❫call time; 26:07

justaminx!
call time; 26:07

"YOU WANNA PLAY VALORANT?" minx's irish accent came jumbled through the phone, a frown taking place on her lips. "i usually play alone but i'm bored as fuck, man," she explained, a groan following as if to prove her point.

emma shook their head, despite not having her camera on via discord call. "can't, maybe later." they said.

taken aback by this, minx sat up in her seat loudly. she smacked her lips, eyebrows drawn together. "and why the fuck not? are you tellin' me you have a fuckin' life?" the purple haired streamer asked, obviously incredulous at the unbelievable fact.

"rude... but true-" emma tilted their head, seeming somewhat distracted as he answered. "nah, i need to return tupperware to my neighbour." said tupperware was laid out against the counter, emma's eyes burning into the clear plastic. she'd washed it and everything.

"why?" minx questioned further.

"because i have basic human decency." emma replied easily, sending a small grin down to her phone. it wasn't long before their eyes shot back to the tupperware in front of them. he had washed it yesterday, and it had laid on the clean marble countertop ever since. procrastinating the process of returning it, he knew. she just didn't want to fully think about the reason.

"oh, i see." minx nodded smugly. despite not being able to see her, emma could pick up the cockiness and obvious "i know more than you" energy she was radiating. if it was anyone else (other than tina, tina is an angel), she would probably find it infuriating.

emma laughed doubtfully, narrowing his eyes. "see fuckin' what?" she asked, plucking her phone off the flat surface.

and in the most sing-song tone minx could muster, the purple haired girl teased, "you have a crush~"

deadpanning, emma spoke with blank eyes. "i'm hanging up now." their finger hovered over the 'end call' bottom, a gleeful smile coming to his face.

fast-paced, aggressively garbled words came barreling through the line, all in that irish tone emma was so familiar to. "oh come on, you little mother fucker, don't you fuckin' hang u-"

and true to his word, emma hung up on minx.

❪ you hung up on justaminx!
❪ call ended!
total call time; 30:45

emma sighed once the call ended, shoulders straightening. "welp." they spoke to themself. her eyes fell back to the red lidded tupperware container which once contained strawberry shortcake. it looked depressingly empty, now, emma found. "might as well return it."

and with that, emma stood from his chair, and trudged their way to the door.

"i'm out, fleshboy!"