Chapter 2 - Reassurance

Sam finally opened his eyes after a good 7 hour sleep. He then felt someone sitting at the bottom of his bed.

Sam quickly sat up only to see Castiel sitting right at the end of his feet.

" Wha- what are you doing here this early Castiel, I thought you had someone where to go ? " Sam said in his sleepy yet raspy voice.

" I fear there was some unanswered questions I had from last night. I assumed it would be okay if I just sat here until you woke up Sam. " Castiel exclaimed.

Sams eyebrows raise at what had just came out of Castiels mouth. " Was he going to mention what Sam had said last night ? Does he now think differently of Sam ? " These thoughts filled Sams mind before he could finally get out a few words.

" Yeah, I mean sure ask whatever you need Cas. You know you can ask me anything. "

Castiel then looked down while moving one of his arms to scratch the back of his head.

Sam had noticed how Castiel was acting, it started to worry him on what the question could be.

" It's just that what you said last night- " No other words fell from Castiels mouth.

Sam placed his hand on the top of Cas's shoulder " Take your time Cas, there's no rush. "

Castiel now turning his head and looking at the hand Sam had placed on his shoulder. This had only made Castiel more nervous, but he knew Sam would never judge him for what he was about to say.

" What you said last night left me confused. As a angel, my whole life humans have done nothing but question my existence. Why do you treat me like one of you ? "

Sam now standing up and walking to the front of his bed, he sits down right next to Cas.

" No matter if you're a angel Cas, you still have feelings just like everyone else. You're really not that different from any of us. And to whoever says differently they're just wrong. "

This was not the response Castiel was expecting. He thought maybe Sam was just being nice because he was afraid of him, but in this moment he now knew how Sam really felt about him. He knew Sam wasn't like the other humans.

" You're not like the other humans Sam. You're different. "

Sam now looks at Castiel with the biggest smile on his face " I'll always believe in you Cas. "

Castiel can do nothing but smile back at Sam. This was the first time he felt the emotion happiness. Sam made him happy.

Sam then pats Castiels thigh three times before standing up and walking to the door, he quickly glances back at Castiel

" Dont want to miss breakfast, Deans making veggie bacon. "

As Sam walks out the door, Castiel lays back into Sam's bed and lets out a sigh of relief and then standing up and following Sam out the room.