Chapter 7

Laying on my bed I was only thinking about whether what I did was right or not or did I took the decision too fast on trusting Veeranshu. As you know I trust people very fast and that is the problem. I should think about it again but one thing is clear one of them is lying to me whether Nancy or Veeranshu.

My parents don't know about this matter and I won't let them know until I confirm.

I think I should take help from Siya.

No!
That was my inner voice.

I can't take help from Siya as she would spill the whole tea to Nancy. Now, what to do? My mind was full of tension so I got up from bed and headed straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

After the shower, I picked up my phone and was surprised to see ten messages and eight calls from Veeranshu so I called him.

On the call

Riya: Hello?

Veeranshu: Are you alright? Did you reach home safely?

Riya: Yes, I reached home safely.

Veeranshu: Thank God, I was so worried about you. You didn't answer my calls?

Riya: Actually I was taking a shower so I didn't hear anything.

A baby pink blush spread on my cheeks after realising what I told him.

Veeranshu: Okay.

He said that in a teasing tone. I know he was smirking on the other side. There was silence for a minute no one uttered a single word.

Veeranshu: Riya are you busy tonight?

Riya: No, why?

Veeranshu: Actually, I'm free today so thought of going on a long drive with you, so will you come with me?

Riya: It's late and if my parents saw us then they will kill me.

Veeranshu: Why only you while I'll be also in this.

Riya: Because you are their sweet and sanskari jamai Ji.

He chuckled at my statement.

Veeranshu: So it means you are not coming.

Riya: I didn't tell you anything like that.

Veeranshu: So it's a yes. Then come out of the house, I'm waiting for you.

Riya: Are you outside of my house?

Veeranshu: Yes, you can see me from your room's window.

I was surprised to hear him. I went to the window and saw him sitting in the car with his eyes fixed on me.

Riya: What are you doing here at this hour?

Veeranshu: You didn't answer my calls so I got worried and thought to come to see you but before I reached here, you called me.