Love Hurts ≫ Spottedleaf x Injured! Female! Reader (PLATONIC)

Art: pineconefishes

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Some gore
• Some angst

This is a request for Pinestripe37 's sister! I hope you find your request enjoyable, and please come back anytime!

****

You were exhausted. The thorn tunnel seemed miles away as you slowly trudged towards it, fighting against the urge to lay down where you were and close your eyes. As much as you just wanted to collapse, you knew you couldn't. Bluestar needed to know about the fox lurking around ThunderClan's forest to prevent it from attacking again. The worst you had gotten was a few deep gashes on your shoulders and forelegs and some bruises everywhere else. It made you sick to think about someone else coming across the vicious creature.

You pushed your way through the thorn tunnel, stumbling into the clearing that made up ThunderClan's camp. Your vision was blurry, but you could tell your clanmates knew something had gone horribly wrong. Willowpelt noticed your horrific injuries and let out a cry, which prompted Whitestorm to race over and notice you, as well. Once he did, he immediately rushed over, his amber eyes wide. "(Y/N)! What in StarClan's name happened to you?"

You slowly opened your jaws, wincing at the pain it caused in your head. "There's... There's a fox living near Snakerocks," You replied shakily, straining not to black out. "It attacked me when I was hunting. I..." You winced, coughing. "I need to tell Bluestar." You were about to head over to your leader's den, but Whitestorm stepped in front of you.

"I'll tell her," He meowed gently, resting a paw on your sore shoulder. "You need to see Spottedleaf." You opened your jaws to protest, but then noticed the pool of crimson forming beneath your left paw. With a defeated sigh, you muttered a quiet "thanks" to Whitestorm before dragging your aching paws towards the medicine den, ignoring the shocked and horrified voices and faces of your clanmates.

You stumbled into Spottedleaf's den like a cat who had eaten too much catnip, collapsing into the first nest you came across. The young medicine cat was at the back of her den sorting herbs, but quickly sprang to her paws and turned around at the commotion behind her. When he gaze rested on you, she immediately rushed to your side and began examining the wounds. "How did this happen, (Y/N)?" She meowed, clearly struggling to keep her composure despite moons of experience.

"Fox," You mumbled, squeezing your eyes shut. "by Snakerocks." Spottedleaf froze, a wave of fear rippling off of her. You opened one eye to see that she had a genuinely frightened expression on her face.

"A fox!" She gasped, as if she couldn't believe what she had just heard. "Great StarClan, (Y/N)! You could've been killed!"

"You don't say." You muttered. Spottedleaf sighed, clearly stressed, then hastily rose back to her paws and began rummaging through her herb store. Your neck was too stiff and sore to turn and watch her, but you could hear things crashing down and making a big mess while Spottedleaf cursed under her breath and muttered phrases such as "where are those?", and "fox-dung!". A moment later she returned to your side with all sorts of pungent-smelling herbs gripped in her jaws.

"Here," She meowed, dropping the herbs. "eat these poppy seeds. They won't take all the pain away, but they should help you relax a bit." She exposed her right pad, revealing three poppy seeds stuck to it. You winced as you raised your head, gently licking them off of her paw and immediately collapsing again. Spottedleaf sighed sadly, then nudged a rather sturdy-looking stick towards you. "I'm afraid this isn't going to feel so nice." She meowed solemnly, resting her tail on yours. "If it starts hurting too much, bite down on this. If that doesn't work or the stick breaks, scream as loud as you want. Okay?"

You shuddered. "Okay. Don't expect me to say nice things, either."

Spottedleaf chuckled. "I'm not." She began licking your wounds as gently as she could, cleaning the blood off your fur and making sure there was nothing stuck in the gashes, like tiny rocks or debris. You sighed in relief, allowing your eyes to close. The feeling of her tongue on your most painful injuries felt nice. It reminded you of how your mother used to lick you at night to help you sleep.

"Alright," Spottedleaf sighed, sitting back. "I'm going to chew some marigold into a pulp, then I'm going to spread that on the wound on your shoulder." She was referring to the deepest gash you had, the one that had been causing blood to pool under your paw when you first returned to camp. You shuddered, already imagining the pain.

"Okay," You murmured, picking up the stick in your jaws. "Just get it over with." The sounds of chewing reached your ears as Spottedleaf began turning the marigold into a pulp, and a moment later, you felt her paw on your flank.

"Here goes," She meowed. "remember what I told you." You nodded, squeezing your eyes shut. Then, an unbearable pain exploded in your shoulder as Spottedleaf began rubbing the poultice into your wound. You screamed against the stick in your mouth, a sound that probably could've been heard in ShadowClan, biting down as hard as you could. "That's it, (Y/N)," Spottedleaf meowed gently, continuing to rub the herbs into your wound. "let it out." By the time she had finished with your shoulder, you were in tears. You let the stick fall to the ground, gasping for air as if you'd just run to the highstones and back.

"Thanks," You wheezed weakly, letting your head fall back into the soft moss. "I needed that."

Spottedleaf laughed. "Yeah, right. You didn't seem to be enjoying that very much." You chuckled, resting your chin on your paws. The poppy seeds were starting to kick in, and you felt yourself beginning to relax as your wounds stopped burning. "I'll let you get some sleep,"Spottedleaf meowed, gently flicking your uninjured ear with the tip of her tail. "Sweet dreams, (Y/N)."

"Hey, Spottedleaf?" You called just as she was about to leave. Spottedleaf turned around, cocking an eyebrow curiously. You smiled. "Thanks for everything."

Spottedleaf smirked, a purr rising in her throat. "You're welcome, (Y/N)." Then, she slipped out of the den and left you alone to rest. You closed your eyes and sighed contentedly. ThunderClan just wouldn't be the same without her.

Meanwhile, in ShadowClan...

Nightpelt padded alongside Stumpytail, sniffing the blades of grass and remarking the border with ThunderClan. "They'll think twice before trespassing," Stumpytail meowed proudly, puffing out his chest. "ShadowClan will never be defeated!"

Nightpelt rolled his eyes at the overly-dramatic display of dominance. "Yeah. You're right, Stumpytail. Because if ThunderClan ever decided to invade, we wouldn't be severely outnumbered." Stumpytail opened his jaws to protest, but before he could, another sound tore through the air.

"HNNNGGAAAAAHH!"

Nightpelt froze. "What in StarClan's name was that?"

Stumpytail shrugged. "Probably just some mouse-muncher dying." Nightpelt stared into the forest on the other side of the border for a moment, then turned away.

"You're probably right. Let's keep marking the border. Brokenstar will have our tails if we're not back by sundown." Stumpytail mumbled in agreement, then fell into step as the two continued their patrol. It wasn't every day a ThunderClan cat screamed in agony from deep within the forest, but it never failed to amuse ShadowClan warriors when it did.

****

I hope you enjoyed that little twist at the end xD I know I did!

A big thanks to Pinestripe's sister for her request. I hope you enjoyed every second of it!