Prologue

The moment you turn 16 everything changes. You are no longer perceived as children in the eyes of your parents. You are now a responsible, mature young adult that can go out without your parents.

But what parents aren't aware of is that by the time you have turned 14 all of that has already happened. Parties, weed, alcohol and smoking has become a common factor to you. You've gotten ourselves into, and by pure luck, out of terrifying situations. Like fighting off drunks guys, handling bitchy girls and holding your ground when you're too high or drunk. Yes it is a sad fact that most kids are wise beyond their years.

At the age of 14 Raine was an innocent and untainted young girl, not like all the other girls who had expirenced more than they should of by that age. Having just come out of home school for nearly half of her life, Raine thought she was ready to face the trials of high school.

She had always seen herself as a strong and idealistic person, althought no one had ever noticed her before. Raine wasn't a outspoken girl, she kept to herself and never stepped out of line. 

With mousey brown hair, a slim skinny figure and beautiful blue/green eyes. She was a true beauty, but she never saw herself as anything less than Raine, the home schooled girl. 

She lived with both her parents, Helena and Markus, and older brother, Shane, in their small quaint little house on the hill just outside of town. The perfect image of what a family should be. Stay at home mom, a father that works all day and an older brother whos in his last year of high school.

Laying on her double bed in her purple and blue painted room, Raine thought of all that was about to happen. I haven't been to a school in ages, she thought to herself. She was nervous to say the least. Raine usually spent her weekends alone at home with her family. She wasn't the social type, which was why she had left school in the first place. 

"Raine" There came a mubble from the other side of her door, followed by a soft knock. "Come in" She knew it was her brother, she wouldn't of let anyone else in at this moment anyways.

A small nudge on the door and it came open. Standing tall and proud. A blonde haired, blue eyed boy. Hitler would of loved him, she thought.

 Shane sat down on the bed, gentely placing his hand on his little sisters knee. She looked up into his eyes and she knew a long speech was about to come her way.

"You don't need to be scared you know. These people are just like you. Coming from their old schools into a brand new enviroment" He said.

"But they haven't been on their own until high school, they're used to it. So its different" She sighed. She wasn't so scared of being around people, it was more her fear of people not liking her. All of Raines life she had never fit in. 

"I know you're scared but don't be. No ones gonna mess with you while I'm around" A cocky grin spread across Shanes face. He had a natural protective instint over his sister, but sometimes he need to push her a bit. He believed if no one ever gets pushed in their lives they'll never ammount to anything. 

Raine smiled slightly. "Just don't try and be cool and pretend not to know me, okay? Or I'll kick your ass" Shane bellowed a loud laugh. 

"Just don't be a loser and we got a deal, little sis" He rufelled his sisters hair and planted a small kiss on her forehead. Raine and Shane weren't like other siblings that faught all the time, they had a mutual respect for one another. And high school wasn't going to change that.

A/N : Okay so this is the first time I have posted something online. And I admit I made a few changes to the prologue a few times. And I might even make a few more, but thats how I work. So I hope you enjoy it. If you have any opinions or thoughts on my book I would love to recieve a message from you. Happy reading. MissJane :)))