11: Sometimes I hate you.

We all arrived to the Creel House, that's what Max had drew in her drawings. Nancy put the pieces of paper all together and it made the house where Victor Creel killed all his family... Creepy, I know.

The door had been sealed shut with a plank of wood covering it, so Steve and Nancy had to undo all the screws to actually get in.

"What exactly are we suppose to look for in this shithole?" Steve asked.

"Not sure." Nancy replied, "We just know this house is important to Vecna."

"Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" Steve questioned sarcastically.

"Yeah, and she almost got all her bones snapped in half while she was levitating in the air." I replied protectively.

Steve turned to me then looked at Max, then turned back around, "Right."

"Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels. And how to stop him before he comes back for Max." Dustin suggested."

Nancy nodded in agreement, "Yeah."

"We don't think he's in there, do we?" Lucas asked hesitantly.

"Guess we'll have to find out." Max replied.

Nancy and Steve managed to get the wood off the door, it thudded on the ground loudly, making Max flinch.

Steve turned the door handle, "It's locked. Should I knock to see if anybody's home?"

"No need." Robin joined in, holding a brick in-front of her, then throwing it through the window of the door.
Steve stuck his hand through the broken glass to open it from the inside.

I looked around, while Steve and Dustin were fighting about torches.
I turned my torch on and explored the house, it was very old and creepy.

"They just left everything." I heard Nancy say from the other room.

"I guess a triple homicide isn't good for resale value." Robin replied to her.

"Hey, guys!" I heard Max call out.
I rushed out of the room I was in to see Max standing in the hallway, looking up a a grandfather clock, "You all see that, right?"

"Yeah." We all replied.

"Is this what you saw? In your visions?" Nancy asked.

Max nodded.

"I mean, it's... just a clock." Robin added, "Right? Like a normal, old clock?"

"Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks?" Steve questioned, "Maybe he's like a clockmaker or something?"

"I think you cracked the case, Steve." Dustin replied sarcastically, making me smile.

"All I know is, the answers are here." Nancy said, "Somewhere."

"Should we split up?" Robin asked.

"Yeah." Nancy agreed, "Me and Robin, Max and Lucas... And Steve, Deena and Dustin."

I immediately looked over at Max, who's already looking at me. She smiled at me and mouths, "Be careful."

I wasn't bothered about being careful, I was worried about her. I wanted to be with Max, while we explored. Lucas doesn't know we are together... no one does.

I zoned out, watching Max and Lucas walk into another room. I could hear Steve and Dustin arguing but it was all a blur, as I couldn't focus on what they were saying.

"Hey. Hey!" Steve shook my shoulder, "Deena? Hellooo?"

I snapped back into reality, turning around to him, "Yeah."

"Are you okay? Did something... happen?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, you were kind of zoned out." Dustin added.

"No, Im okay." I tried to smile, then walked passed them to go upstairs, "Are you guys coming?"

Dustin and Steve followed behind me.
We looked in a room filled with cobwebs, this house was so creepy.
There was a vent on the floor so I crouched down and opened it, sticking my hand inside.

"Woah, hey, be careful." Steve said, crouching down next to me.

I pretended to be dragged into the vent on the floor, like someone was pulling me down. Steve dragged me out and Dustin shouted inaudible words, trying to help pull me out.

"Quick! Pull me out!" I panicked, then slowly stopped.

"Deena? Deena! Dee?" Dustin shouted, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"What was that?!" Steve panicked.

My panicked turned into a laugh, "I got you." I turned around to the boys, "I got you good."

Dustin sighed, "God damn it!"

"That's not funny." Steve deadpanned, "Sometimes I hate you."

"Thanks Steve." I smiled sarcastically.
The boys sighed, standing up and almost accepting their defeat.
"On a serious note, there is something in there." I explained, bending down and grabbing a jar from inside, "This."

Steve took the jar from me, "Is that a spider?"

"No shit, Steve." Dustin deadpanned.

I took the jar back and put it back into the vent, "Maybe Vecna liked spiders?"
The boys gave me a 'really?' look and
I walked out of the room.

"Woah, where are you going?" Steve panicked.

"Going to find Max." I replied, continuing to walk out.