clowns aren't that funny...

somehow, an isolated child and a hated prankster end up being friends - always together, almost inseparable, and kind of like a family.

peanut grew up being alone all the time. her companions excluded meow in their play and other activities like group studying. cat was never invited to the other kid's birthday parties and nobody ever came to hers. their excuse was she's too weird, she never talks and when she does, she prefers meowing rather than using ''real words''

peanut's biggest interest is felines. acting like a cat comforted meow and brought her joy, but other children didn't see it her way, so cat's grew up alone, with no friends, for most of her first years of life.

all the people from the valley of triumph were well aware of jester and for some reason, people didn't like them.

nobody knew how jester ended up in the valley, nobody ever noticed confetti around until one day, after the opening of the village theater, jester made lullabies debut.
adults and children all loved their show, jester's movements were elegant, kind of hypnotizing. everyone started cheering 🎠 but soon enough, their fame started to take a sudden turn.

jester suddenly stopped being known for their good tricks and being extremely good at handling kids and instead, confetti was now known for their untrustworthiness, their lying habits, and lullaby's quite sinister aura.

people didn't like lullaby because jester often refused to reveal confetti's real name or identity.
this decision of theirs to keep everything about confettiself a secret didn't sit right with many of the valley's people, but this wasn't enough to kick them out of the village.

the residents had to come up with something so they could refer to the prankster, and somehow they ended up naming 🎠 The Jester. a title so unoriginal, that even the joker in question giggled a bit when hearing it the first time!
but the valley's people didn't care about originality when it came to someone that could potentially be a threat to them, and so jester was born.

their name was often used to scare people away, especially children.
don't go near the village theater, where The Jester is! was often the phrase the clown heard the most.

but that didn't stop jester from making shows. people still visited the village theater to see 🎠's performance, but once the show was over, lullaby was often left with insults, glares, and a bad taste in their mouth.

one day the theater was closed but jester showed up nonetheless to practice. with a big white guitar on their back, jester showed off some tricks that didn't turn out like lullaby originally planned. they ended up with a sprained ankle and now 🎠 couldn't do much other than sit down and admire the view from the building.

but an idea showed up in the prankster's mind and with simple movements, they brought their guitar to confetti's lap and started improvising a melody, something they never played before, but have heard multiple times.

while humming along with their fingers moving the chords, a child close by happened to hear them. a bit confused, a bit surprised, and most of all - particularly curious and excited, peanut followed the sound of jester's hums.

🎠 was startled by meow, something that rarely happens because they were always on guard. peanut, on the other hand, was confused by the new face she had never seen before but that didn't scare her. instead, cat sat down to listen to their music.

jester was quite surprised! how come a child is not scared of my mask? or, my voice?

jester had a low, monotonous voice that scared kids off even while singing. this is why they were very cautious when talking around children.