•{Peter Paw-rker}•

summary: puppers

summary: puppers. just the most wholesome puppy-themed one shot I've ever written. super short though sorry 😅

~~

"Babe?" I walked into the apartment, hoping my fiancé was home. "You here?"

"Yeah, love! Dining room!"

"Okay, shhh," I set the retriever puppy on the floor in front of me and pointed down the hall to the dining room. "Go get him! In there!"

I giggled when the golden fluffy blur bounded down the hallway, his new dog tags jingling. I waited maybe ten seconds before I heard Tom's voice.

"Oh my god! Hello! Who are you?!" I could see the smile on Tom's face. Tom walked into the living room with the puppy in his arms, attacking his face with kisses. "Babe!? What did you do?!"

"Surprise?!" I stood from my previous crouching position whilst laughing. "Happy birthday, Tommy! Look at his tags."

"Hello! Yes, hello, can I look at your tags, buddy? Hold on," I watch as Tom did his best to avoid the dog's excessive licking so he could read the tags. I couldn't help the laugh when Tom looked up with an entertained smirk. "Peter?! You named him Peter?!"

"Yeah! After my favorite role of yours!" I told him, blushing. "Little Peter Holland. He's our little fur baby."

"Oh my god," Tom cuddled the puppy close to him and kissed his head a few times. "Hello! Yes! I love you too!" Tom looked over at me while he pulled me into a side hug. "Best birthday ever. Thanks, love."

"You're welcome, Tommy," I kissed him. "Figured he could be the ring bearer for the wedding too. Give him a little pillow to carry down the aisle."

"That's an adorable idea. I love it," Tom beamed. "Come on! I wanna take him to the park!"

I couldn't help but laugh as I followed my ecstatic fiancé and our new bouncing puppy to the car.

I don't know where Tom's absolute adoration for dogs came from, but it's so wholesome. And I'm gonna fuel it as much as I can.