IN A FIELD OF DANDELIONS

Hello! Hopefully, you guys enjoy this! This is just a one-shot I had to write for my English class last year. Of course, I changed the names up. No way am I gonna submit this unfiltered. It would've been so obvious if I kept the names just like this, lol. I checked and apparently, I wrote this on October 27 last year. I forgot I had this on my drive somewhere.

This is also the first story I posted that I'm never going to delete. (I wrote a Harry Potter fanfic a few years ago on Wattpad, and it was doing quite well for my first story, but I got writer's block and was kind of exiting the fandom so I didn't have motivation for it. It's gone now, lol. 'Twas a shame. I gained quite a few followers from that.)

Anyways, this is crossposted on my Tumblr and Quotev accounts, too. Please refer to my bio on my profile for them if you prefer not to read it here. I'll update this again if I ever decide to post it on Ao3. If it's on there or any other site without me updating this, that is plagiarism. If it ever happens, please inform me and I'll have a nice little chat with whoever posted my story :) The same goes for the poem I wrote. I'm still quite proud of it so don't use it without my explicit permission.

Edit (8 Aug 2022, 12:35 PM, GMT+8): I have now posted this one-shot on AO3! Please refer to my bio to be redirected to my AO3 profile!

▬▬▬▬▬ ONE-SHOT ▬▬▬▬▬

Just a few minutes ago, I found a small dandelion on a crack on a sidewalk—that I definitely did not almost trip on—and now I was just cradling it in my hands while I skipped home. Okay, maybe I wasn't skipping. That's just childish and I am by no means a child.

... was that even the least bit believable?

Maybe this is why Kei always likes to make fun of me.

Not looking at where I was going—what a huge mistake that was—I accidentally bumped into a person that I definitely could've mistaken for a wall.

Grunting, I tried to steady myself but the person's hands were already on my shoulders.

"Oh~? No wonder I didn't see you. It's you, shortie."

Ignoring the comment on my (admittedly) short stature, my eyes widened in surprise at the very familiar voice, and I quickly looked up and shrugged off the person's hands off my shoulders.

Great. Just great. Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"Kei!" I exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

He just raised an eyebrow at me. "Isn't it obvious?" He sarcastically said. "I'm walking home."

Now, it was my turn to raise an eyebrow. "Uh ... don't you live on the other side of town?"

A sheen of sweat dripped down from his forehead. "I—uh—Kageyama needed me for something."

"Tobio needed you," I said in disbelief while pointing at him.

A vein on his temple started bulging. He smacked my hand away and he said, "Why is that so hard to believe?"

Simply because it's Tobio and you? I didn't want to get into another argument with him so I simply changed the subject. Arguments with him usually lasted for at least an hour and I'm too mentally tired to care.

"Whatever," I said while crossing my arms. "What did he need you for?"

A smug grin suddenly appeared on his face. Oh, what I would pay to smack it off him—