Episode 24 - Touch & Go

October 11th, 2061 - 05:34 MDT

A motorbike speeds along the white snow planes on central Canada. It has an Echelon Decoding Device connected to the side of it as speeds away from an incident that had happened just a few moments ago meaning that the boss asked for its transferal to his secret base. However, above him, Thunderbird Shadow appears. Revving the engine, the motorcyclist turns off into a tunnel thinking that the Thunderbird couldn't follow. Little did he know, Kayo has other ideas and releases her motorcycle from Thunderbird S. She keeps hot on his tail before looping over him in the tunnel and getting in front. Quickly, Kayo applies her brakes and the other motorbike crashes into the back of her, spinning out of control and throwing the guy off into the side wall knocking him unconscious. Kayo jumps out of her bike and drags the man out of the tunnel, before dropping him on the ground as law enforcement can collect him. Walking away, she makes it to the motorbike and picks up the device and calls John.

"John, it's Kayo. The Echelon decoding device has been recovered," Kayo states.

"Wait, what?" John questions, "You engaged with the subject? Kayo, you were just supposed to shadow him."

"We did a little... shadow boxing," Kayo supplies.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Thunderbirds are Go!

October 12th, 2061 - 07:01 NZST

In the lounge area, Sally and Alan are sitting on the sofas watching the fight between Scott and Kayo unfold. Scott is not a happy man.

"...Scott do not tell me how to do my job," Kayo fires back.

"It's not that we don't appreciate your excellent work, Kayo, it's just that this is not what we do," Scott complains.

"Why not?" Kayo shoots.

"Because we're not the police," Scott exasperates, "We leave the law enforcement up to the GDF. Our priority is people. Our job is to help rescue and clean up during international disasters. Not chasing after bad guys!"

"Scott, we can't always wait for catastrophe to strike!" Kayo shouts, "If I hadn't taken action and retrieved that decoding device, he could have accessed the computer system of every government in the world."

"Yep, but he didn't," Scott says not noticing his mistake.

"That's right," Kayo smirks, "By stopping the thief, I stopped an international disaster before it happened." Scott opens his mouth to reply but the com goes off and John appears on the holo-screen.

"We have a situation developing," John says.

"This discussion isn't over," Scott points.

"I'm sure," Kayo deadpans, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"What's the situation, John?" Scott asks.

"The Central Air Traffic Control Hub, CATCH, has gone offline," John explains.

"What do you mean gone offline'?" Scott questions.

"I mean it's disappeared, gone, no longer working," John explains, "That means there's over 2,000 planes stuck in the air with no way of landing safely."

"I'd say that's a problem," Alan says from his position on the sofa.

"John, monitor all communications, see if you can find the source of the problem," Scott orders.

"I've tried to access the CATCH computer but it's locked. If we can't bring it back online—" John trails.

"It's only a matter of time before there's an accident," Scott notes, "Alright... Kayo, I need you to go to CATCH and scout the compound, see is you can find out what's going on. Alan go with her."