.𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.

𝙹𝚊𝚣𝚣𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝙿𝚘𝚟

*1 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚔 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛*

My legs were killing me from being on my feet all day at work, by the restaurant.

I opened the door to my uncle's office and peeped only my head in.
"Hey Unc", I flashed him a smile.

He immediately lifted his head up at the sound of my voice. "If it isn't my favorite niece. How you doin'?"

"I'm okay just really tired

"I'm okay just really tired. I came to say bye before I left.", I said feeling a yawn coming.

"So you not goin' sit down and chat a little with your uncle?", he moved his glasses to the bridge of his nose.

"Come on Unc Earl. I'm tired", I whined while closing the door behind me to lazily walk to his desk and sit on the other chair.

"Come on uncle Earl", he imitated me. "Is it a crime for me to miss my niece?",

I smiled. "No its not a crime. How was your trip anyway?", I asked.

"Honolulu was beautiful and I needed it", My uncle lost his wife not so long ago due to her overdosing on her prescriptions. So I knew he really needed the trip.

"Sad you couldn't take me with", I sarcastically said.

"Next time", he said with a smile that revealed his one slightly crooked tooth. He cleared his throat. "So tell me how's your mother?", his tone changed to being serious catching me a bit off guard.

"She's good..why?", I asked getting slightly concerned because of the way he asked.

He seemed to want to say something but stopped himself instead. "You greet her for me alright?"

I nodded slowly. "Yeah I will Unc".

"So!", he changed the subject with a wide smile. "When you goin' visit Mia in Houston?", he sat back on his comfortable chair. Mia was my first cousin- his daughter who moved to Houston after getting married two years ago.

"This coming summer, we already talked", I lied wanting to cut the conversation short because I was exhausted.

I loved Uncle Earl to death but he was the type to talk until the sunset.

"Alright then. Imma let you go now, you can barely keep your eyes open", he chuckled.

"Thank you.", I said standing to my feet. "Bye Unc love you", I said stealing a bunch of sweets in the jar that sat on his desk. He laughed shaking his head at me. "Love you too".

On my way to the parking lot I bumped into one of the girls that worked in the restaurant as well.

"Hey Mimi", I greeted the short Chinese girl.

"Hey Jazzmine", she waved a bit. "You leaving already?",

"Yup",

"Alright. I will see you on Wednesday then. Bye bye",