The Avatar Returns and Truth Revealed!

(The episode opens onto the yellowing sky as the flare Aang accidentally launched in the previous episode soars lazily through the air in the distance. The camera pans downward to show the figures of Aang, Azaki, and Katara appearing over the horizon. The Southern Water Tribe villagers have gathered in the snow, waiting for the trio's return. Cut to a shot of Aang and Katara approaching the village and the gathered villagers that stand outside the village walls. The children become overjoyed upon seeing Aang and Azaki.)

Village Kid's: [Joyfully.] Yay! Aang and Azaki's back!

(Some of them run over to him while the others remain cheerful in the crowd. The camera pans up from the children to the adults, revealing more stern and offended expressions. The children reach Aang, Azaki, and Katara, crowding around him gleefully, and Aang responds kindly and Azaki picks some up and swings them around. Switch to a shot of Sokka, who breaks from the line of villagers and steps forward toward Aang.)

Sokka: [Angrily.] I knew it! [Accusingly points a finger at Aang and Azaki as the two and Katara draw closer.] You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?

Katara: [Protesting.] Aang didn't do anything! It was an accident.

Aang: [Sheepishly, as Katara glares at Sokka.] Yeah. We were on the ship and there was this booby trap, and, well -- [Awkwardly rubs his head.] -- we booby-ed right into it.

Azaki: (Snickers) Booby.

Sokka: Do you think this is a joke?!

Azaki: Hmmm, do I have to answer that question? (Smiles)

Sokka: (Growls) You're crazy!

Azaki:

Kanna: [Worriedly

Kanna: [Worriedly.] Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship! Now we could all be in danger!

Aang: [Sorrowfully.] Don't blame Katara. We brought her there. 

Azaki: It's our fault.

Sokka: [Angry and triumphant, having found an excuse.] Aha! The traitors confesses! Warriors, away from the enemies. [The children begin to sadly walk away.] The foreigners is banished from our village.

Katara: [Irritably, clenching her fists.] Sokka, you're making a mistake.

Sokka: [Stubbornly persisting in his anger.] No, I'm keeping my promise to Dad. [Pointing to Aang and Azaki.] I'm protecting you, from threats like them!

Katara: [Angrily.] Aang and Azaki are not our enemies! [Continues in a calm, soothing voice.] Don't you see? Aang's brought us something we haven't had in a long time: fun. And Azaki showed us to laugh even in the most terrible times.

Sokka: [Annoyed.] Fun and Laughter?! We can't fight firebenders with fun and laughter!

Aang: [Optimistically.] You should try it sometime.