A New Student

Katelin Introduced herself. "Hello, I'm Katelin. I like dancing and drawing." Gracy surveyed her. She didn't have layers of makeup caked onto her face, nor was she in a short skirt or something. Therefore it was pretty obvious to Gracy that Katelin was not an obnoxious fangirl.

Gracy thought to herself," could this be my friend? She doesn't seem like the other girls!"

Katelin went and sat next to the empty seat behind Gracy.

Gracy zoned out as the teacher started talking about transformations and right angles, because she had already learned it in 8th grade unlike these losers learning it in 10th. Gracy was super smart and good at math, but the school just didn't have enough funding for higher-level math classes. Gracy never bragged or showed off about this, though, because she is a very kind and humble girl.

Gracy noticed that Katelin was also just as bored as she was - and was drawing on her arm in sharpie (because that totally won't give you a skin disease or ink poisoning. Certainly not)

"Hi," Gracy whispered to Katelin - softly but with feeling.

"Hello," Katelin said. Gracy could see that Katelin had luminous, glowing orbs like hers. The only difference was that Gracy's had all the colors, but Katelin's orbs were only white and blue. Basically, Gracy is a main character, and Katelin is a side character. This can be noted due to the rarity and unique boldness of the character's eyes. Gracy was happy to find someone special like her, someone else who was not like the other girls.

"Do you want to sit with me at lunch?" Gracy asked, needing support other than her gigachad 'best friend'.

Katelyn's expression melted into relief. "Yes, please. I was so worried that I would be lonely here because I don't know anyone."

Gracy smiled. Finally, a girl who was not as annoying and bratty as the others! Gracy was so happy that there could be someone on her side when she threw hands with the lads.

The moment was interrupted when the teacher paused the class to yell at them. "Gracy! When I told the class to treat Katelin kind and welcoming! That meant during time that is NOT reserved for learning!!!"

Snickers around the classroom were heard. Joke disappointedly stared at Gracy, and Gracy shrank in her seat - ashamed that she disappointed her 'best friend.'

"Sorry, Mrs. Haunting," Gracy mumbled as she blushed and pretended nothing happened. But Gracy couldn't help but smile. She had a new friend! FRIEND :D :D :D :D :D!!! Gracy could tell that this friendship would be one to last.

Katelin POV:

Yeah. I moved from Houseforest. Deal with it. It wasn't like I wanted to go - I had friends, a community, which I had found in the weeb club. But I had to. After my parents' divorce, things just haven't been the same. My mom left my family for this random rich dude after severely mentally abusing me, and my life is ruined!!!!!!!!!!! :( . Imagine the pain I have gone through~! The things I have done to keep myself afloat in this churning whirlpool of emotions!!!!!!!!!!!! I have gone through so many things that you will NEVER have to experience, because I am a strong, independent, and definitely not cliche female character who is desperate for the lead role but isn't good enough. No, I'm definitely not projecting!!! :( I am the strongest, most enduring person you will ever meet with enough grit and determination to move an elephant with my pinkie!!! I deserve all the good things because I am NOT like the other girls UwU!!!

As I walked into the classroom, I gave a vague introduction - not wanting to be the center of attention to all these delinquents any more than I needed. You see, I'm not like other girls. I don't revel in the attention - I hate it. I don't like pampering myself with products - it makes me shudder and vomit. Why diet when you can exercise? Why go out to outrageous parties when you have books?

Anyways, I'm going off topic. Long story short - ew, high-schoolers.

As I sat down, I noted the girl in front of me. She had glossy black curls pinned into a low ponytail, and rainbow eyes. She looked like a goddess that fell to Earth, as she boredly gazed across the classroom, her eyes taking in the world with hunger. She had no makeup, and a modest, large sweater and leggings.

I would totally date her, but sadly this is a badly written fanfiction where the characters are all stereotypically straight because this fic is trash and normal. Shame. It would have been a good ship. 

Anyways, I miss Pierre and Shiho. They were just not like the other girls, you know... All the girls at this school are so basic. Except for Gracy, of course.

I was sprung from my reverie as Gracy turned her head and whispered a hello to me. I don't know what to do! All my time at House Forest has never prepared me for something as monumental as this! I quickly whisper a hello back before sprouting my biggest smile - the one that makes everyone fall in love with me. Gracy smiled back. This sent me into a spiral of gay panic, but I pushed it deep down inside of me because I need to be the stereotypical straight character I was written to be. I told myself I was satisfied. (She will never be satisfied, I will never be satisfi-iedd..)

(But I have never been satisfied, have I)

Back to the original story (no longer Katelin's perspective): Gracy POV

Gracy bounced through the hallways to get to her Algebra 3+++ class. You see, Gracy is a math genius because she is a perfect person and is super smart in maths. She got 125% on her latest math test! Gracy was so happy, that she almost kissed Katelin. But this is a stereotypical straight story where the only gay person doesn't impact the plot at all because they're only created for 'diversity,' so that never happened.

Anyways, as she entered the classroom, she was surprised to see a new face among the others...