Arachbed

Does anyone know where I can get a new mattress for a low price? My new one has had...Complications. Let me start from the beginning. I've had my old mattress for over five years.

It's served me well but when I found several springs popping out one morning, I figured it was time to replace it. Mattress shopping was a complete nightmare. Why do they have to be so damn expensive? Anyway, last week I thought I'd finally found a replacement.

I was driving back home from work when I had to stop at a red light. It happened to be the one next to my area's thrift store. It occurred to me then that I hadn't tried looking for one there. At first, I was hesitant considering covid and all that. However, I reasoned I could just sanitize it.

With that in mind, I pulled into the parking lot. When I went inside, I found several mattresses near the front of the store. All of them were fortunately in my price range. Unfortunately, most of them were uncomfortable as hell. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were made of broken glass.

I thought that my time would turn out to be a waste of time. Then I came across the last mattress in the store. It was perfect. I didn't lay on any of them by the way. I just used my hand to determine their firmness.

I can tell you at that moment it felt as though that mattress had been made especially for me. I was surprised nobody had got it already. I found an employee and told him I wanted to buy it. He got a confused look when he saw the mattress and said that he didn't remember it being brought into the store. That was my first red flag. Oblivious to it, I purchased the mattress anyway.

With it tied to the top of my car, the only thing I had to do was buy some supplies to sanitize it with. After a quick search, I found there are several methods that can be used. I went with one that involved baking soda, essential oil, and vacuuming. Apparently, all I had to do was combine some of the oil and baking soda. Then rub the mixture into the mattress, waiting an hour for each side.

I cleaned each side twice just to be safe. With that done, I was happy to have an albeit only new to me, mattress to sleep on. There was just one problem. I had forgotten to wash my sheets. I cursed my forgetfulness and after debating with myself for a bit, decided that cleaning a drying the sheets would take too long.

I put off washing them till the next day. After waking up, I went into my bedroom to get my sheets and saw what I should've recognized as my second red flag. I was almost positive I had placed it dead center against the back wall. When I saw it again, however, it looked as if it had somehow been moved a couple inches to the left. Once again I dismissed this peculiarity, thinking I had simply moved it and forgot I had.

I picked up my sheets and took them to my laundry room. Once I put them inside the washer, I grabbed my bottle of detergent only to realize it was completely empty. I muttered a curse word and threw it away. Then headed out to buy some laundry detergent. It ended up taking much longer than it should have.

Of all the rotten luck, a storm knocked over a tree, blocking the road. The alternative route happened to be closed due to construction work so I couldn't take it instead. It took about three hours for the damn thing to be removed. By then, I had all but run out of patience.

Even after the tree was finally gone, I still had to deal with the bottleneck of traffic caused by its presence on the road. That took another hour to get through. When I made it back home, at last, the sun was already setting. The only silver lining I had was that I wouldn't have to sleep on the couch again or so I thought. I washed and dried the sheets.

Then took them to my room where I saw that the bed was back at the center of the wall. I nearly dropped the sheets when I saw this. I knew for sure that I didn't move it because I had no reason to go back into my room before that time. I started to grow worried that someone had somehow gotten into my home. Luckily a search through my house showed me that this wasn't the case.