CHAPTER 5

Shriya and Disha walked to their school gates. Chithra had left early since she had to participate in the competition.

Shriya brought Disha to her class. Everyone came up to talk to the new face of their class.

Everyone was present in the class but there was no sign of Rishi. He was never the one to be late for class.

Shriya doubted if he will come today. And she was right as Rishi was absent for the entire day.

The teacher asked Disha to introduce herself to her classmates. The entire day went smoothly but Shriya felt weird at not having a disturbance beside her.

She did not ponder on her strange feelings for so long.

She took the duty of making Disha familiar around the school compound.

They talked about their favourite things and their lives before meeting each other.

Disha talked about the previous institution she was at. From her Shriya was able to learn the reason for demolishing their orphanage.

It had to do something with the corruption and construction business.

Disha wasn't an introvert like her and Chithra. She was able to make more friends within a day.

She was comfortable with everyone just like how Rishi had been.

Disha was a fast learner, she became one of them in a few days. But Shriya's thoughts were occupied with Rishi's absence.

Rishi had never taken such a long leave before. Shriya gathered her courage and inquired about his whereabouts from his closest friend Jay.

"Jay is everything ok with Rishi" when the class got dispersed for the day, she finally asked him the question that was bugging her for these past few days.

"He had come down with a fever. His condition is improving and will come back by next week." Jay told her reassuringly.

"Why did you ask? If you have something to ask him then you can tell me. I am willing to be a messenger," his words made her feel like she was being teased.

She brushed off this feeling. 'Why would he tease me, when I barely even talk to him.'

"Nothing. I was just asking," she replied.

He replied with a lopsided grin and walked off.

'Strange' she muttered under her breath.

"Shriya what are you doing there, come on let's go," Chithra pulled at her arms and brought her out.

They both walked side by side out of the school gates. Disha appeared out of nowhere and jumps up on them startling them.

"Let's go together" she says making herself comfortable between them. She keeps both of them together in an arm lock.

Shriya and Chithra laugh at her antics and continue with their walk back to the hostel.