Chapter 7 - The Savior and The Witness

As I looked at my finished painting for the upcoming art show, I couldn't help but feel so happy with the result. I've been getting my rhythm back for a while now, but the thing that has fully brought me not just to where I was before the slump, but a little bit beyond it is thinking back on that night with Iori. Even if it has to stay a secret between the two of us, we've actually ended up as a couple. It seems almost too good to be true.

"Wait a second..." I muttered to myself as an idea popped into my head and pulled out my phone to send Iori a text, asking her to head to my room real quick, since I had something to ask her to do. After I got my response, I quickly prepared my idea, so that by the time Iori got to my room it was ready.

A short while later I heard a knock on my door, to which I called out "Come on in."

I looked into my room and saw Iori had stepped in, and I gestured to come into my studio.

As she headed my way, she asked "What is it Y/n? I was about to head to bed."

"Well it's kind of got to do with our relationship. I know we can't let anybody know or anything like that, but I still want to show our love to the world. And so I was thinking that we can show it off in a way only the two of us will know about." I said

"Geez, you're so direct about this!" Iori snapped, blushing "What are you suggesting?"

"You see my latest painting, right? I prepped some paints that are slightly different tones than what I actually used. I thought that you could add your own mark wherever you want, and it'd be something that only the two of us would know the true meaning of." I explained, "To show off that loving you inspired me."

Still blushing, she smiled and said "If you put it like that, of course I'll do that."

"Well then, feel free to make your mark." I said, holding out my palette to her.

Iori took a hold of a smaller tipped brush which she dipped onto one of my paints before she walked over to the canvas and added her mark to it. I'm sure I'll be able to notice the slightly brighter paint there, but just in case, I made a mental note that her mark was on the ocean.

I yawned and said "Alright, I think I can take a break until the art show next week."

Iori walked over to me and gave me a small peck on the cheek before she looked at me, covering her lips with her rabbit, and said "You deserve the break Y/n, you've been working so hard on all of this, so rest up, alright?"

"Of course." I said, giving her a beaming smile. Iori can be a bit shy when it comes to being affectionate, and so it makes me so happy whenever she pushes herself to do it.

I spoke to Iori for a bit longer before she left to head to bed, with me doing the same after cleaning up.

—-------------------------------------

One Week Later...

As the day of the art show finally arrived, I stood around the gallery, checking out what other people had created, to try and calm some of my nerves. Seeing people walk up and judge my works in this kind of context can't help but worry me. These people are more knowledgeable about examining art and determining its quality. What if there's some glaring flaw in my style? Today's a big opportunity for me, and I don't want to mess this up. Both Iori and Shouko said they'd come by to support me later, and I really hope that she gets here soon.

Eventually I decide that I should probably head back over to my painting to talk about it when the person who set up the show comes to check it out. And as I got over there, I saw a well dressed man with black hair, with white specks starting to form, came over, and after examining me for a moment and looked at my painting. My painting is of a city skyline at night, which seemed a little bit like a starry sky, but the lights from street lights having turned into channels of a golden light, dyed blue when it touches the ocean.