The new house

I saw small children playing in their front yards and on the sidewalks, as we passed by them in the car.

I was worried about what would happen when I got hungry for blood.

It was still very disgusting to me, that I had to drink to survive.

Lexi filled me in on a special vampire delivery service, that actually sent blood bags to vampires in packages. And all I would have to do was tell her, whenever I ran dry.

Thankfully, mom had agreed to let me have a small fridge with a look on in my room.

There was only one key to the fridge and I had that.

I had a few blood bags in my backpack, that was placed on the floor in between my legs. I drink them quickly, whenever mom stops at rest stops, or basically, whenever I could.

I hate that I feel the need to actually rip out my mother's throat and drain her dry.

I'm being even more quiet than usual, but she just thinks that it's the trauma from New York that's been getting to me, so she hasn't asked in to it.

As we drove through some of the populated streets in L.A, in order to get to the new house, I glanced up towards the sun, feeling worried about what would happen if I lost my daylight ring.

I have been burnt by the sun before. Literally. And let me just tell you, I do not recommend it.

Mom took us down a side road and drove closer to the woods.

And after another 30 minutes drive with finally arrived at the house.

It was big and surrounded by trees.

I didn't even know how to describe it.

"Ready to see the new house?" Mom asked me, noticing that I was observing the house.

We haven't really spoken to each other during the road trip. I guess we were both still processing everything that had happened in the last few weeks.

Still wearing sunglasses, I turned to look at her and nodded my head slightly.

Both of us opened the car doors, and walked up to the front door, where mom tested both of the keys we've gotten, as I got my bass and hung it on my back and grabbed one of my smaller boxes, and walked over to her.

"Just making sure." Mom said, as she finally opened the door and walked inside the house.

As soon as we walked inside, we were greeted by a large stone fireplace on the other side of the room.

"Wow, talk about a big and a slightly creepy house." Mom commented with a small smile on her face.

"Yeah." Was all I could say as I looked around.

There was so much stuff in here, that I couldn't even begin to list everything off without looking around for at least a few days.