˜"*°•.˜"*°• Chapter 1: Storms •°*"˜.•°*"˜

-𝕄𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕠𝕨

The quiet melodies of the rain sang as the drops fell from the sky and hit the roofs and windows of the London society. Meadow watched the drops race down the window cheering when the one she was rooting for hit the window sill. "Stop mopping that you can't go outside." Her mother said sharply as Meadow cheered again. Meadow scowled, "Well if you would just let me outside it's just water-" "Absolutely not! And let you ruin your new frock." Her mother scoffed, Meadow knew that everyday her mother hated her for wanting to run outside or go with her stallion, Traveler on a adventure in the woods near her lovely home.

It didn't stop a frown from blossoming on her normally pleasant features. Her mother would rather have a quiet, studious, respectable daughter. Her father had died when she was little and it was hard to take care of such a adventurous child. Meadow was now 15 she was going to turn 16 a week before she would be presented to the queen to formally be 'out'. The mere thought made her shudder. Not that she didn't mind dresses of dancing but... boys. She groaned they were immature, fools, and so full of themselves. Well most boys were except her best friend, Atlas.

He was kind and clever and he would take his stallion, Juniper out along side her and Traveler. All the girls liked him she just rolled her eyes. He was her best friend the only one who understood how she could feel like she didn't want to be forced into be quiet with polite words. She wanted to be able to show people her wild spirit make her shocked at her. She always watched the men hunt, sometimes purposefully going out to the bubbly brook with Traveler to watch. Traveler was her only friend besides Atlas. Though she had 'friends' which were girls. Some daughters of her mothers friends forced into companionship of Meadow the girl of the woods.

Some- Meadow rolled her eyes at the thought- were only there because Atlas was. Anywhere she went Atlas followed unless he was out with his other friends but he had even admitted to her she was far more interesting. She looked longingly outside. Gasping slightly as she saw Atlas on Juniper outside the window. He was tall, with short brown hair that had a wild look to it. He had a charming smile matched with his gentle green and thick lashes. Meadow could see why girls drooled over him but that such nonsense was above her. He waved at her and put a finger to his lips in sign of silence.

She glanced at her mother. He beckoned her to come with him. She shook her head mouthing, "my mums right there." He frowned. Dismounting Juniper he tied him up to a tree and went out of sight. Meadow sighed her head resting against the cool glass contemplating how hot and stuffy inside her house it was. Her mother had forced her to come into the sitting room right as the rain had started making sure her daughter couldn't sneak out. She closed her eyes for a bit, the cool calming her thoughts. She opened her eyes at the sound of hoofs clomping in gravel.

She frowned as she saw her friend smirking at her with Traveler saddled up. Now she couldn't ignore him. "Mother, it's too hot inside may I go down to the kitchens, I could fetch us some tea and you could invigorate me with the proper conducts of which a lady should be." He mother raised an eyebrow seeming skeptical. "Why?" She asked suspiciously. "Anything's better then watching all the fun outside happen without me." Meadow lied knowing full well her mother loved to be right. "I told you not to look out there." She said a hint of a snicker on her lips. "You may go fetch some tea and biscuits. Come right back though." Her mother finally said going back to her embroidery.

Meadow kept a dignified air as she walked out of the room. She allowed a small smile when she wasn't within her mothers range of gaze. She rushed to the front door putting on her blue velvet cloak on top of her violet frock it was quite simple but elegant. She slipped on her leather boots slipping on her cloak hood. She opened the door as quietly as she could. Closing it then running to meet Atlas. She launched herself at him and he caught her hugging her gently. "Thank you for saving me, your my hero!" She said as he placed her down. "Of course I know how much you love a good storm." He smiled at her but a light sadness was reflected in his eyes.