˜"*°•.˜"*°• Chapter 2: Regrets •°*"˜.•°*"˜

- 𝔸𝕥𝕝𝕒𝕤

Atlas tossed and turned regretting that he had to leave his beautiful friend behind at such an important moment in her life. He would miss her birthday and the most frightening part of her coming out -the showing to the Queen- his heart broke at all the secrets as well though were he was leaving the next morning would confirm his fears or deny. He finally fell asleep after many tosses and turns. 

»»———-  ———-««

The next morning he got dressed and climbed inside the carriage. His mother had already gone to have tea at a friends. So he climbed into the carriage without ceremony. He watched as the carriage passed Meadows house. He watched as London rolled past. He watched as the Palace came to view in its grand beauty. The carriage stopped and Atlas sighed his hands wringing together and his eyes showing that he was deep in thought. He climbed out barely even processing as he started to walk. Pins and needles ran up his legs as it had taken several hours or so to get there. 

He knocked at the door of the Palace. The butler greeted him at the door and directed him to the  grand drawing room were a lawyer waited. "Good morning." He greeted with a bow of his head. "Good morning. I'm Mr Brown I sent you the letter." The lawyer greeted. "I am glad you got my letter, as I explained in my letter the Queen died after her husband and with their only son dead the title has landed to you." Mr Brown said smiling kindly. Atlas rubbed his temple. "Would that mean I leave my life in London? I have... family and friends." He asked his heart breaking more at knowing that if he were to be declared King without telling Meadow she wouldn't trust him. 

But Meadow would be unhappy away from the forest her only solice. Sure the Palace had a garden but she would not be able to participate in hunts or anything of the sort she would have an appearance to uphold and the stress would surely kill her. Besides- "There is also of course the-" Mr Brown coughed. "The princess you were engaged to without knowing..." Mr Brown trailed off awkwardly. "You may want to sit." He added at the stunned expression on Atlas' features. 

"Princess Élodie Sydney Grâce Louise La Haute of France. The Queen wanted to make sure her heir whomever they may be was well set with a Queen. Princess Élodie will arrive in a weeks time to meet you and you shall marry in a month, and on the same day you will become King and Princess Elodie will become Queen. We will announce you as the Prince when you want but it should be soon." Mr Brown explained. Atlas nodded. "If-" he paused. "If I already had a lover?" He asked. "If you are not married to this girl the engagement will still stand and both parties have to agree to not marry." Mr Brown explained sadly. "The Queen made it very hard to undo this as she also promised you to the King of France and I would not mess with him if I were you." Mr Brown warned.

Atlas nodded. "Ok." "You will need to stay here to handle some business, the butler will show you to your room and office. I have things to do unfortunately. Good day your majesty." Mr Brown said leaving Atlas in stunned silence.  "Your majesty?" The butler called snapping Atlas out of his trance. "Yes?" Atlas said standing up from the very comfortable velvet couch he was sitting on. "I'm Mr Gastrell your new butler, I'm here to show you your office and room as well as get you started on sorting your affairs." He explained. Atlas nodded and followed him down the hallway, up the stairs to another hallway, left, right, then left again and through a door. 

Atlas stopped, his room was big and luscious fit for a King. "This is the princes bedchambers." Mr Gastrell explained. Atlas resisted his jaw dropping. The bedroom was spacious with a large bed and a velvet love-seat at the edge of the bed. The room had a light aura with the colors being blue, grey, light green, and light purple. There was a small ivory desk pushed in a corner facing a grand window. The walls had gold accents and the whole room flooded with natural light. There was three doors. Mr Gastrell walked up to the door nearest to the bed. This door lead to your bath chamber. He opened it everything was clean but not colorless. There was a high window so no one could peer inside but it flooded light in just the same.

A plant was perched on the window sill it's little leaf's in the shape of hearts. Atlas walked into the room and touch the delicate leaves. "If it displeases you we can move it, your majesty." Mr Gastrell said a slight nervous tone in his voice. "No it is marvelous. Please call me Atlas or if you must Prince Atlas, or some such as I'm guessing that is my proper title now." Atlas said smiling at the nervous Butler. "Alright then if that would be more welcoming you- Prince Atlas." 

Atlas nodded. "It adds a touch and reminds me of the forest by my... friends home were I spent some time." The butler nodded, walking out of the bath chambers. He opened the door by the desk. It opened to another bedchamber. "This is the Princess' chamber." It was gorgeous and light with the colors of grey, light pink, baby blue, and white. With silver accents on the walls and flowers in a vase on the oak desk. It was simple elegant with the bed elevated in a corner and a plush carpet. Four corresponding doors that were closed not including the one he was peering through. 

The last door showed a spacious office that had papers in neat organized draws some books on a few shelves well some more like hundreds. On big ivory bookshelves. The desk took a quarter of the room and windows were placed conveniently around it with thick curtains. 

- THIS BOOK IS DISCONTINUED THANK YOU :) 

Sorry about this :<