A Late Forest Picnic

Cherry Blossom Cookie farther into the forest, muttering angrily under her breath. 

"I don't need them to have my perfect picnic!"

She was originally thinking of inviting some other cookies for a late night picnic with warm soup, freshly baked tarts, warm green tea, and some new foods that took her far too long (It's actually rather concerning how long it took for her to make all of the food). She was planning to have a great feast with many cookies in the night with fluffy pillows and sweet plaid blankets with circular fairy lights surrounding them. But as soon as she mentioned that it would be hosted in the Mysterious Woods, Everyone seemed to have plans that day and get awfully sick! It maddened her because now, she had to roam the woods alone. Not like she was scared or anything...

"Bunch of wimps..."

And she knew exactly why these sudden turn of events occurred. It was because it was THE woods. This was the woods where urban tales of "The Kumiho" were. These were the woods where all the wolf hounds were manipulated by some dark power. 

And these were the woods where the most ferocious werewolf in ALL of EarthBread roamed.

She had heard about this wolf. Apparently, It was so scary, even some of the most powerful warriors, knights and armies couldn't apprehend it. It is said they ruled the forest on a full moon and you can hear their daunting howls in the night. Some even say they were lucky enough to lay eyes on the creature and some never may have come out alive...

But how old was she? Six? Of course she wasn't going to believe some stupid story obviously made by some crazy old man. She knew better than that. But some people didn't. Why did all of the cookie believe some stupid story? It doesn't even sound real enough to come out as a horror. Actually, It sounded as if it would turn into a comedy. A stupid, dumb, fake comedy. That wouldn't even be funny because it would be so dumb.

She stepped over a chunky tree root and stomped deeper into the woods, the only sounds being the soft wind and her frustrated voice. She exhaled deeply before grinning, trying to bring back her happiness of going on a late night picnic (and also having a whole meal of tarts and soups to herself). She soon found a perfect empty space to lay her picnic blanket.

It was almost TOO perfect. It seemed like the grass was thriving but also was freshly cut and the big oak trees seemed to be in a strange position where they were leaning over the spot, as if almost looking at it. She decided to shrug it off and began to set up her little tea party. 

She snatched the fairy lights she packed out of her basket and began hanging them up on nearby trees, with some help from her umbrella. There was no wind so it was fairly silent except from the rustling trees. It was soothing and calming as she went around to each tree, hanging fairy lights as they glimmered in the moonlight which shone on her like a spotlight. The stars above her seemed to twinkle as the night grew darker and as she positioned herself to the centre of  the trees, the forest around her gleamed like bright crystals.

It was so perfect. Cherry Blossom stared in awe as she looked around. It was just like she planned. The beauty around her glittered and glistened like the night and the way the trees stood looked less threatening. More like all eyes were on her as she danced. It was delightful as she felt the leaves swerve around her like she was a graceful princess.