~Bikini Strings~

________________________________

"Is this Kim?" A voice spoke into the phone

"Yeah it is, who's this?" Kim replied

"I'm Emily"

"One of Kadie managers Emily?" Kim asked

"That's the one. Sorry to bother you but I've just arrived at Kadie's house because we have a meeting scheduled but basically Kadie's locked herself in her room and she's refusing to come out, she's crying. We can't get a hold of Sebastian. It's just that this is so unlike Kadie as you probably know more than anyone, and since your next door could you just stop by because she's just sobbing in her bedroom and she won't speak to anyone"

"I'm on my way" Kim said quickly. A door slammed and then the line cut off.

"As soon as I got the phone call from Emily, Kadie's manager. I instantly knew it was something bad. Kadie would be the last person to cancel a meeting, I don't thinks she's cancelled one in like four years. She always puts everyone else's needs before her own, so if Kadie was doing this I knew that something big must have happened" Kim said

****

"Kadie honey it's Kim" Kim's voice said from the other side of the door.

I got up slowly and opened the door, I cast one glance at her before retreating to my spot in the corner of the couch.

"Emily called me" Kim said slowly, dropping her bag onto the bed before taking slow steps towards me

"Did mum give you the box?" She asked apprehensively, taking a seat at the end of the couch

"How do you know about the box" I asked, turning my gaze from the window to Kim.

"Everybody knows about the box" she mumbled "mums been trying to work up the courage to give it to you for weeks"

I starred at her blankly for a moment. I think Kim could see the clogs moving in my head.

"She knew that whatever was in that box wouldn't exactly be in her favour. She just didn't want your view of her to change. She's spent years building your relationship up again and she was afraid of what would be in there"

"Our relationship will never be one hundred percent again, no matter what she does"

"Oh don't say that Kadie, she's your mother"

"Yeah and she kicked me out onto the streets when I was 15 years old Kim" I yelled, looking back at her "on the one year anniversary of my best friend killing herself, and then because of her I never got to say goodbye to my dad before he died"