Chapter Twenty Part 2

India POV

I was over this shit at this point. I've been in active labor for the past 4 hours with my contractions being 3-5 minutes apart and lasting over 60 seconds long. I was beyond exhausted.

King and I have been in the same position almost all night, with literally everyone taking turns massaging my back in between contractions. The lumbar back pain made things ten times as worse so even in between contractions it still felt as if my back was breaking in half.

I will say this though, I'm not sure if I could've done this without every single person in this room, especially King, the level of affection and encouragement I've been receiving from him is the last thing I expected to get from him of all people. As the pain got worse he kept whispering sweet words of encouragement in my ear that kept me pushing through to the next contraction.

Right now the midwife was checking my cervix to see how far dilated I was and I'm praying to god she says it's time to push.

"Alright hon your about 8 1/2 centimeters dilated okay. So baby should be here very soon. Are you ready to get in the pool?" She asked. I just nodded my head yes, because I was starting to feel a little  drained and defeated. Latrice, Toya, Mrs. Pearl, Dior, Man and King were all in the room, and I didn't even care that they were seeing me ass naked as I took the gown off that left me in just a bra. I stepped in the pool and leaned back onto the back of it as I felt another contractions hit taking the wind out of me once again.

King POV

India was in the birthing pool moaning and shaking uncontrollably as she was hit with another contraction. I sat behind her with her head in my chest and I reached to hold her hands as she was gripping the hell out of the edge of the pool. I've never seen a women give birth before but she just earned a whole new level of respect from me. I honestly feel so guilty for putting her through everything I have regardless if the baby is mine or not.

"Kinggggggg" she screamed. "Whyyyyyyyyyyy?" She yelled with her eyes shut swaying her head back and forth. I didn't understand what she was tryna say so I looked up towards everyone else in the room and as I was about to speak I saw 6 heads shake their head no towards me, so I just shut my mouth.

"You got this baby girl, your doing such a good job your almost there okay." I told her whispering, I lightly kissed her head and neck because it's all I really could do.

"Mmmmmmmm" she moaned out as she started to come down from her last contraction. This repeated for another 20 minutes as everyone anxiously waited. "I feel like I have to push." She said to the midwife.

"Okay let's check you again to see if your there. If you are your good to start pushing on your next contraction." The lady put on her gloves before reaching in the water to check her. "Yup honey your all good, you can start pushing on your next contraction okay?" India just nodded her head with her eyes still closed.

Everyone in the room just looked at each other smiling and soon the pushing began. At this point everyone got off the couch and bed and surrounded the pool chanting and encouraging India as she pushed. Unfortunately it seemed like all her hard efforts were getting her no where. While taking a break in between in between that last contraction she broke into tears silently crying.

I grabbed her face wiping her tears away and kissing her lips, I know the midwife said that kissing and other intimate acts help her with the pain, but I've been genuinely doing it because I've wanted to do it, and just like mother's have that instant motherly instinct while pregnant, today for the first time I felt I was finally having that fatherly instinct.

"You got this baby okay, your almost there." I told her. She shook her head no as more tears rolled down her face. I didn't know if this would help but I lifted my shirt up leaving me in just my shorts as I climbed in the water with her. I sat behind her lifting her body into my chest, allowing me to support some of her weight, as she lifted her legs into a squatting position . She was still rocking her hips back and forth " Relax, Breathe and Trust your body, your body was made to do this, remember. Your almost there love." I kissed her head repeatedly right before another contraction hit.

Everyone in the room started chanting again, you could hear everyone yelling push, you got this, your almost there all across the room. If India opened her eyes, the mirror in the tub showed us exactly what everyone else could see, a big ball of hair.

"Opened your eyes baby look." She looked down and saw what's i saw and that was like an adrenaline peel for her. She reached her hands down to touch the top of the baby hair and laughed in pain. It didn't take long before another contraction took over and I knew like everyone else that this was it. After this push the baby would be here. She started pushing with her hands near her entrance just as the head popped out, her screams echoed all over the room as she continued to push and next thing you know she was scooping the baby out the water and onto her chest. The room was silent for a waiting to hear the song of cries to come from the baby, and the minute the wailing came from the baby, all our family and friends in this room cried, including me.

"Oh my god it's a baby-." the midwife said.

**********************

A/N
Hey everyone. So Chapters Twenty part 1&2 were so in-depth and important to me because for one I love child birth, It's a dream of mine one day to carry life and bring life into this world, and two I've never read an in depth child birth experience in a book so I thought I'd include make it a thing in this storyline. Again thanks for reading, I appreciate all the support this book has been getting, i can't wait to find out the gender of the baby.