cinder

cinder <3

Cinder and Kai were on their way back to New Beijing. They had gotten engaged and now Cinder was going to marry him... It felt so surreal and crazy that she was engaged to the love of her life. But of course, that meant she would be ruling two countries. No big deal, right?

She was interrupted from her thoughts by a loud, obnoxious voice, "Cinder, get off your butt and feed me some chips. Cress can't do it because she's in the shower and I have to land the Rampion," someone said over the overhead speakers. And that's the catch. They were getting their trip home on the Rampion with Thorne and Cress. Not that Cress was a problem, she was as sweet and shy as usual, it's Carswell Thorne that kept getting on her nerves.

"I'm not going to feed you snacks while you drive. Get your girlfriend to do that for you," she yelled so he could hear her from the cockpit. "Kai, tell him to get someone else to do that for him, not me," after she said she sarcastically mouthed a please to Kai.

"Thorne. She's my girlfriend— well, I suppose at this point, fiancé. I'm the only one she can feed food to. Also, how much longer? I'm getting bored..." he whined like a child. He walked up to Cinder and flung his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to him playfully. Together they walked tk the cockpit. Thorne was lounging in his captain chair with his legs hanging over one arm and his back leaning against the other.

"You're hanging out with Cinder too much, whining and all that. And around half an hour to an hour. Cinder, start using your mechanical superpowers to do something useful instead of standing there gazing lovingly at Kai," he rolled his eyes as if he hadn't been lounging in the chair with autopilot mode on the entire time while playing games on his port. Cinder was about to say something sassy when Cress walked in from the hallway with a simple light pink, flowy dress that went down to her knees. Thorne smiled and shifted in his chair so he was sitting normally and motioned for Cress to come sit by him. She waved shyly at Cinder and Kai and they both smiled back. Cress hesitantly sat on Carswell's lap as he kissed her hair. Cinder gagged dramatically, sticking her tongue out and walked out of the room with Kai trailing reluctantly behind her.

"Hmph." Cinder perched on the edge of the bed and took out her port to catch up on what had happened while she was away from Luna and New Beijing. But before she got far, Kai had settled behind her and nuzzled his hair into her neck. "Kai, what are you doing?"

"Can't I hug my fiancé every once and a while?"

"No, because we have things we need to be doing," she laughed and leaned her head back onto his shoulder.

"We are proceeding to land, please take a seat somewhere. Oh and Cinder, you have to exit last now because I'm hungry," Thorne said through the overhead speakers. Cinder rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Well, lucky for him, I don't even want to leave first," she said, grunting as she stood up on her legs and walked over to her suitcase. Kai walked over to her and offered to take her luggage, she reluctantly agreed and he brought them both to the ramp leading to the grounds of the New Beijing palace.

"How bad do you think the press is going to be? Like on a scale from one to ten," Cinder asked, silently bracing herself for all the flashing cameras and reporters that were going to bombard them as soon as they walked outside.

"Hmm, maybe seven or eight since we just came back from Scarlet and Wolf's wedding." He turned as if he were about to walk down the ramp but spun on his heel, "Oh! Are you going to—uh—hide your ring? We haven't really talked about telling everyone yet..." he trailed off.

"I might just wear my work gloves to hide it if that's okay with you? I know the public might not—"

"Do you really care what the public thinks?"

"I don't know, I guess I thought you would."

"Depends what you want to do," Cinder sighed, they could go back and forth forever.

"Let's just head out, I'll wear my gloves for now. We can announce the engagement at the Peace Ball. Sounds good?"

"Mhm, let's go make a run for it. Ready?" He asked her as he took her hand and they braced themselves, putting on faces that were more serious than necessary. They ran through the crowd, ducking down and laughing. Cinder beat him to the palace entrance. Of course, he was dragging their suitcases, but that didn't really matter, she still beat him.

"I win," she said triumphantly, raising her chin into the air and grinning as their shoulders brushed. Cinder looked around and closed her eyes as she took in the familiar feeling of being at the New Beijing palace. It reminded her of Kai.

"Not fair, I was carrying our suitcases." He frowned as a servant offered to take their suitcases. Cinder laughed and elbowed him in the side as she took his hand and led him further into the palace.

~~~~~~~~~~~

hello! tysm for reading this fanfic. i tried to keep the characters personalities the same as what they were in the books, but tell me what u think!! i made this really quick so if there r any typos i apologize. 

and yes, i am starting a qotd. QOTD: where is your favorite place to get cozy and read a book?

-probably either in my bedroom, under like a tree, or in the car.

anyways, byee