Meeting Her

Hunter POV:

It had already been a bad day before Hunter bumped into her. Carrying countless different elixirs and books to bring to Belos trying hopelessly to make the bastard proud. He looked behind him and scowled as he tripped over a small rock lying on the ground. And during this small blip in his focus he slammed directly into a person; though the falling books and splashes of countless elixirs blocked his sight he heard a loud thud. Ha. They fell too, serves them right for getting in my way.

After Hunter had recovered from the shock of the fall and picked the broken glass off of his golden guard uniform he snarled and stood up, meaning to give a verbal beating to whatever asshole had stood in his way. But he froze when he saw them. It was girl. Just about his age, with long straight jet black hair and  green eyes. She was extremely fair, but not in a sickly way it was more...delicate. She was tall and slim with large eyes and thick dark lashes. Though she had just been slammed her hair was still shiny and silky. His eyes darted down to her plump pink lips as it had started bleeding from a shard of glass cutting her. But before he had time to react two other girls came running to help her.

"Fleur Jesus are you okay?" a tan girl with hazel eyes, and short dark brown hair yelled running up to her.

"I'm fine," the girl- Fleur said squinting and standing up. "I just cut my lip a little, it's no big deal". Hunter looked back at the short haired girl and realized it was the annoying human. Luz. Followed by Amity, a girl even paler than Fleur with pastel purple hair. Amity suddenly looked at him and rolled her eyes.

"Luz look who it is," she said with an annoyed look on her face. Luz did indeed look down at Hunter sitting disheveled on the floor.

"Geez Hunter be more careful where you're walking next time," she said offering a hand to help him up. Letting out an annoyed sigh and taking her hand Hunter finally stood up and gathered what he could of the mess into his bag. He then turned his attention to the girl.

"Hey I'm really sorry about running into you by the way. I'm Hunter," he said extending his hand in hopes that she would shake it. And she did.

"No worries, I'm Fleur," she said offering him a kind smile. Amity suddenly looked at the clock and gasped, then whispered something in Luz's ear that made her blush like a fire had been lit under her cheeks. He couldn't really pick up on what they were saying but he heard a soft "date night..." in the midst of the conversation. After that Luz and Amity both gave Fleur a brief hug and scampered away holding hands like lovesick idiots. He was silently judging...and possibly getting jealous of their relationship until he heard a soft chuckle. It was Fleur.

"Sorry about that, they've just started getting more serious about their relationship and don't realize how obvious it is to all of Bonesborough." At that Hunter chuckled. He then realized she kept touching her lip and wincing.

"Oh god that looks bad, I'm so sorry," he stated. She looked at him and then back at her hand.

"No really it's fine, I get it. It was an accident don't worry about it." she said waving him off. He frowned and then looked at the time. It's only 12:30, if i just help her take care of her cut really quickly I'll still have plenty of time to get more items and deliver them to Belos.

"How about I just walk you to a pharmacy and we get that fixed before it gets infected and we'll call it even?" he suggested. She smiled at him and nodded. They walked to the pharmacy and got a couple things to help her out. Though she said it was fine, he insisted on paying. After playfully talking and walking for a lot longer than anticipated, she unintentionally grabbed his arm when trying not to stumble on uneven cobblestone. They both blushed at that.

"Sooo are you trying to make a move or something?" he asked playfully. She blushed and swatted at him.

"It only counts as a move if you're on an official date," she responded. He stiffened.

".......would you consider this-" he began to say but she cut him off.

"No." she replied briskly. He blushed in embarrassment and looked down at the ground and accidentally glancing at his watch. Jesus Christ it's 6 pm? How did we spend 5 and a half hours walking through Bonesborough? 

"I don't consider it an official date if you don't already have the girl's number," she said pulling out her scroll. He smiled and pulled out his too.

"Thanks for your number, I kind of have somewhere to be now though," he said putting his scroll away. She smiled at him and before leaving gave him an unexpected swift kiss on the cheek. He stared at her and she smirked. She turned and began to walk away.

"It was nice meeting you Hunter," she said, back still turned to him.

"...It was really nice meeting you too Fleur," he said watching her walk away.

AN:

Hey guys! This was the first chapter of my book The Golden Guard. Leave me a comment if you enjoyed it, or if there's anything you think would be an improvement. Hope you enjoyed the read and I will try to update as soon as possible. Bye!!

-Lili