CHAPTER 1: THE TRAVELER FROM AFAR

The navy sky greeted you as you opened up your eyes, wispy clouds forming shapes as the ship sailed by. You indulged in this temporary entertainment before groaning was heard from your right.

A drowsy Lumine rested her elbows on the ship's edge beside you, Paimon nowhere in sight. Your eyes took in her form before returning back to the sky, just in time to see it begin cracking into a lighter blue. No doubt for a more cheery day.

"So, you want to go to Inazuma to find their archon and talk to her. Is that right?" Lumine nodded at your query and you snort a little.

"I mean.. sure, you can try. She's nice once you get to know her, a little in over her head but you should be fine, heh." Lumine tilted her head slightly, hands signing at a quick pace. Halfway she stopped herself and quickly put her hands down, looking for something on the ship. You pat her back reassuringly.

"It's alright, I know sign language. I'm sure the majority of Inazuma does too so you don't have to worry." At that, Lumine visibly relaxed and you continued your conversation with her. Well, her signing and you answering verbally but you get the point.

Eventually a dock came into view and the captain, Beidou, walked towards you. "Alright, this is as far as I go. You sure you can handle it? Last time you—" You brush off her concerns, putting on a laid back stance.

"Pshhh, it's probably water under the bridge now! I'm sure no one will remember!" Beidou deadpans at you and sighs. She then called out to Lumine and a sleepy Paimon before talking to them.

You stretched and relaxed your body, taking in the sight of the familiar harbour. It has been a while since you've been here and you're dying to know how all your companions have been since then. You half expected a bunch of letters to be sent to you via dove as usual but the absence of them worried you a bit, especially after finding out it shut down.

Lumine tapped your shoulder, pulling you out of your trance. "Oh yeah, come along now!" You urged, acting as a guide. You all step off the boat and wave at Beidou, Kazuha nowhere in sight. Lumine walks ahead of you, eyeing a waypoint nearby and you follow. Taking out a similarly structured key out of nowhere, she taps it against the waypoint and it glows. You tilt your head in her direction.

"How many waypoints have you activated on your key?" Lumine thinks for a while before pulling out her key once again and throwing it up in the air. It stays afloat and spins, a map projecting below it. Your eyes visibly widen at the amount of waypoints she's unlocked.

"No way, you got almost all the waypoints in Monstadt and Liyue! You even got a special pass to the Golden House! Not bad for a traveler." You nudged and she scratched her nape, a bit embarrassed.

"I think you should probably hide your key for now... I heard they're confiscating keys and limiting them to Inazuma only to avoid any escapees." Paimon, who had been fairly quiet due to her drowsiness, gasped in fear.

"Paimon wants to be able to get some sticky honey roast as fast as possible! Hide it Lumine, hide it!" She urged, shoving the key into a fold in Lumine's scarf. You chuckled, stretching your arms.

"That's a smart move but it won't make a difference now."

All three heads turned towards the source of the voice, a head of gold locks welcoming their sites. "Thoma! Just in time!" You gleefully cheered, sprinting towards him. He held his arms wide, catching you in his arms as your own form started glowing.