Episode 6: Unexplainable Paradox

"...ander."

"...mmander."

"Commander."

"Commander!"

Our Protagonist gasps for air as he woke up from whatever he was on. Feeling like he was in this situation beforehand, like a deja vu. He's breathing hard and fast as he swallowed air.

"Commander, are you okay..?" A dark-red haired girl beside him asked.

"Lucia...?" He softly answered.

"Yes. It's me, commander."

This is Lucia. The construct he met when he was stationed at Babylonia HQ, and the leader of a team called the Gray Raven. He found himself in a white room with many medical equipments and some hospital beds that arranged neatly. She's in her Lotus frame.

"Where am I...?" He asked.

"You're in the infirmary.. You took a heavy hit after you tried to protect me.." Lucia replied, frowning.

"..I took a hit..?" He stroke the side of his head as he was confused by her answer. Instead of touching his skin and hair, he touched a fabric material. It was bandages, wrapped around his head. He took a good look on his body, bandages were all wrapped around his chest area with bits of blood on it.

"Yes.. You don't remember?" She questioned.

"What you were doing is so reckless, commander." Another voice boomed, it came from another man wearing dark suit and blonde hair. It was Lee, a member of the Gray Raven and a technician as well.

"I hate to admit it but... I have to agree with Lee.." Another girl spoke beside him, she has white hair and pinkish colored eyes. It was Liv, also a member of the Gray raven and a supporter construct.

"Lee... and Liv...?"

"Hm? Commander, do you remember what happened earlier?" Lee questioned the commander.

"Can someone explain to me what's going on..? My memory is kinda hazy.." Kimura grunted, massaging the bridge of his nose.

"Did the Musashi hit him too hard?"

"Hey, I heard that..."

"Anyhow, can anyone tell me what has happened?"

Lee and Liv looked at eachother at the commander response.

<><><>

[2 days ago, Sahara Desert 10:34 a.m]

We can see our Protagonist is currently walking through the hotlands as he punctures his blade within the sands, supporting his weight as he walks.

"H-Hey..." He called out followed by panting.

"Are we there... yet...?" Kimura questioned in between his breathing.

"Commander, are you tired?" Lucia turned around, asked.

".... a bit... I just need to catch my breath.." He panted sequentially, putting his hands on his knees.

"Commander, if you're tired... I can carry you." Lucia offered.

"N-No.. I'm fine.. let me just.." He adjusted his hooded robe and took a long deep breath through his nose and exhale from his mouth.

He expanded both of his arms a bit and pull it back, gesturing that he's fine.

"Okay then..."