Chapter 1: Under The Willow Tree

(A/n:) This is a short story. All of the characters, neighborhood, schools or basically everything are all pure fiction. I can say that this will not be the best book or whatever you'll read here in Wattpad, but I can assure you that there are some mistakes.

And be sure to Vote, Comment and Follow. It'd be a gratitude. (:

Written on: May 28, 2015

Written by: Colie (not the dog)

"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." - Loretta Young

Ever heard of clingy woman? Well, you really don't have to. You'll see the point either way.

Now imagine that as a teenage girl who is love sick. Like literally obsessed with love. Not "lovesick" with the person, but sick (like addicted) to love, if you get where I'm going at?

Ugh, sorry, I suck at analogies--so I can't.

I am Emma Victoria Flares.

Everywhere I go, there's always a book in my hand. Either from my phone or pages of papers plastered to be one, but I'm not choosing against books or movies; I am equally devoted to both since I believe in equality and all.

But who cares, right?

Anyhow, the only thing that's the same about them is that: all of the books and movies I have read and watched are all romance.

Why? Out of all the genres why that?

You see, I am patiently waiting for someone to swoop me off my feet and make my life better than now, but somehow, as days pass on, I am beginning to give up and not believe in the so called "love" anymore.

Guess you can say that I'm a hopeless romantic by blood.

"Emma!" A demanding business-tone voice interrupted my intense focus in writing my new story. I'm sure it will be one of the many liked stories I have in my Awesomeness Book

Warning! Do not be fooled by the name. It's just a draft notebook.

"Come down here. I swear to my great ancestors that you have a better relationship with your room than with anybody else!"

I sighed, while rolling my eyes, clearly irritated.

Yes, what she said is valid, but after getting addicted to Wattpad, I've been laying down in my comfortable bed, reading all those joyous stories by fellow authors like me. Its not always that I reach the point of marrying my phone though.

I know when to stop if needed to, but my mother thinks all I do is read, read, read in my phone.

What she doesn't know is that, whenever she goes out to work, I do something productive. Sort-of productive.

Then when she goes home, thinking that I'm nothing but a lazy stump. I shut my green writing notebook and stood up from the bed.

Like I said though, she doesn't know that. Almost all day, I go the local park and hang out with the birds or just read a book that has actual papers. Then I go home, eat and then wait for my mother's arrival, then use my phone.

That's literally my daily routine every single day. My phone somehow, as modern as the world is now, doesn't support texting.

This daily routine only happened after my parents divorced, three years ago when I was still a Freshman.

I didn't know the story behind the scenes nor do I really want to, but it lead to my mother to change towns-- from New York to Ohio. Ever since that, my mother is working hard for her one and only child.