Chapter 7: Off The Lights

(A/n:) Dedicated to everyone, 'cause it's almost the end of Hopeless In Romance!

"Where's the effin' popcorn, Emma?" Reed shouted from the kitchen. It has been a month and our relationship seems to have moved to best friends. Although, I must say, that's disappointing. But along the days I have told myself to be thankful enough to have a friend.

"It's in the pantry!" I shouted back, as I leaned my back on the couch. I lifted my legs on Reed's supposed-to-be seat, so I was lounging.

"Where the fu-" He asked himself, as I heard items being moved from places to places, but he cut himself midway of the sentence. "Right, I knew that!"

I snorted, "Yeah, right." As I said that, I can't help but feel like I forgot something. It has been a month and Reed and I have been together non stop. But as we've been together, as friends of course, I felt like a part of me forgot and left something. But

Right now, Reed and I were getting ready to watch a chic-flick movie in my living room with his laptop. Believe or not, Reed didn't complain. Instead he just told me to choose any in Netflix and start it. But of course, we can't forget the most important element of watching movies. Popcorn!

The living room door opened and came in a strawberry blond teenage guy, walking in with a bowl of popcorn on his hand. But for some reason I was more focused on the holder of the popcorn.

"Turn off the lights!" I ordered, before he could pass by the lights switch.

He yelped for a millisecond, making the popcorn almost jump away from the bowl. "Jeez, you could have just asked." He complained, as he turns off the lights.

I shrugged, as he walked to the couch and plopped down his butt on his supposed-to-be seat, which where I was resting my feet. "What the heck? Get off me, fatty." I flustered, trying to kick my feet away.

He pondered for a while, placing the popcorn on an end table. "Nah," He denied, as he started to jump on my feet, lightly enough that it doesn't crush my bones.

"Please?" I batted my eyes; my lower lip was jabbed out, to look like I was pouting. He stared at me for a while, stopping himself from jumping, as he was trailing to look at my eyes, then his blue orbs looking to lips.

He stared at them, as I moved my lips back to its place, but that didn't stop him.

For a while, I also found myself looking at his, too. But when I realized, the tension between us suddenly became awkward, so the best thing I could have done was clear my throat. "So, I know what to watch now," I told him.

He then looked at my eyes, standing up, letting me move my feet away from his seat. He then plopped down his bottom again and grabbed my bowl of popcorn. "What is it?" He asked.

I smirked, grabbing the laptop, then searching for the movie I was thinking in Netflix. "We're watching," I trailed of, as I hit play. I placed the laptop on the end table and waited for it to load.

It took a while, but once the screen popped up with colors, I said, "Dear John,"

Surprisingly he didn't groan or anything. He just took a handful of popcorn and threw it in his mouth. I chuckled at bit, then turned my focus to the screen. We sat there in silence, only speaking when I wanted him to bring the bowl to me.

When we were half-way through the movie, I felt a bit uneasy. The movie reminded me of something, but I didn't know what. It was right on the tip of my tongue, but nothing came up. I furrowed my eyebrow, as I thought harder.

I suddenly looked at Reed, whose hand was inside the half full bowl, but he wasn't moving. He had a frown on his face, probably in deep thoughts. He wasn't even focusing on the screen. He was stuck in his own mind, so I slowly moved my hand to stop the movie. He didn't realize anything still. I stood up and sat next to him, too close.

"Reed?" I called him, but he didn't budge. "Reed!" I called again, snapping my fingers in front of his face.

He blinked, then turned to look at me, confused. "Why'd you stop the movie?" He asked me, pointing at the laptop. He had his eyebrows knitted together, as I looked at him as if he was crazy.

I raised my eyebrows at him, "You weren't focusing on the movie." I told him, staring at his eyes, almost losing myself in there, but I snapped about of it. "What's wrong?"

"Huh? Nothing's wrong!" He snapped at me, taking me aback. He clenched his teeth, as I shook my head to him.

"I know you enough that your sad about something," I told him, remembering the day that we first met at the park.

I hadn't had time to go the park, since my time was basically used with Reed. After a while, mom accepted him, which I was utterly happy about. So he was welcome in my house and fridge anytime. But he didn't really want us at his house- more like mansion, because he thinks that it didn't feel like home to him.

My house was basically his hiding spot from the world.

He sighed deeply, "Can I tell you something that you can't tell anybody else?" He asked me. I eagerly nodded, grabbing a popcorn and threw it to my mouth. "Remember the park?"

"Of course, that's where we first met." I assured him. "You still owe me a bobby pin, by the way."

He chuckled lightly, shaking his head. "Anyway, I know you know about the great willow tree." As he said, Dylan came into my mind. The grin that was on my lips dropped, but I continued to listen. "There's this girl. After a while, I started to like her. She was so understanding. I haven't seen her in real life, but I knew she was beautiful, when she told me what she looked like, even if she says she isn't. She gets me a lot. I mean, you too. But I don't know. I lost contact with her. She stopped talking to me, when she promised she will. But I don't blame her. It's my fault. I didn't answer back at least a week. Then she probably thought that I left her, when I knew she was also having problems. I left her, Emma. I left her hanging, when she needed me the most."

When he finished, he took a deep shaky breath. He had a bit of tears on his eyes, but I knew he was holding it in. He was strong enough to tell me these, when all I could was write letters to Dylan. But then something snapped inside me, making my eyes widen. "Reed," I started. "What's your second name?"

"I don't get what's so important about that, when your best friend is practically rambling here. Why do you even-"

"What. Is. Your. Second. Name?" I asked one more time.

"Dylan,"

WOAH! Vote, Comment and Share! ILY guys!

Song: Hinder - Lips Of An Angel