CHAPTER ONE

|| CALIFORNICATION ||

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Letting out a huff Goldie carried the last of her boxes to the edge of the driveway, stacking it on top of the others, her body sliding down them for a quick rest on the warm tarmac. Exhausted would be an understatement here, she was dripping from the sun that was currently roasting her alive. Her eyes flickered down to the watch on her wrist, a gift from her grandmother that she just so happened to be named after, which by the way was currently reminding her that her best friend was now twenty minutes late. "Asshole" she muttered, as she forced herself to get out of a slump and double-check everything was accounted for. You see, her best friend was moving to Indiana because his dad, Neal - the dick, decided he wanted a fresh start with his new partner, Susan and her daughter, Max. The angels as Goldie like to call them. And they thought the best way to do that would be to leave this beautiful sunny state and move somewhere far far away. If you asked Goldie what she thought about all of this she would tell you it is "Absolute bullcrap!". So why the hell is Goldie at the end of her drive with all her belongings? Well, she spends most of her time going to see Billy, her best friend at his house and then having wonderful homecooked meals served to her by Susan since she never got any back at her home. And when Susan brought up that they had planned to move to Hawkins, Indiana where her aunt had lived well let's just say three out of the four people around the table convinced her to come with them, she was basically a part of this dysfunctional family anyway. Of course, Neal was completely against it, he was never a big fan of Goldie. To him, she was too outspoken and never conforming to what a woman should traditionally be like. In other words, she didn't like the way Neal spoke to her and stood up to him.

"Whats up sweetcheeks?!" a voice called out to her, his shiny blue Camaro coming to a halt next to her battered Chuck Taylors "You're late" She scoffed, her arms crossed as her hazel eyes stared the boy down. "Sorry Golds. I was saying bye to that fleabag, couldn't get that little bitch off of me. She even stained my shirt with her tears" He pointed to the wet mark above his chest to validate his excuse but it was useless, Goldie wasn't gonna let it slide that easily... not this time anyway.

"I thought you guys ended your fling last week?" Goldie questioned vividly remembering the way he brushed Amanda off despite her clinginess in school the other day. "What can I say? She's good in bed" Billy's deviously smirked, stepping out of his car to bring his friend into a tight hug, his nostrils taking in her sweet sweet vanilla scent. "That's your excuse for everything" shaking her head at the boy's actions, she withdrew from the embrace wanting nothing more than to get out of the scorching heat. Instead, she found herself being stared at. Rolling her eyes, at Billy's very readable expression she prepared herself to be read."What's up?"

"Did I, or did I not see you with that jerk, Johnny the other day?" he questioned as Goldie froze thinking back to how stupid she was to be caught. She was always lecturing Billy about not playing around with people if it wasn't going to be serious. "I have no idea what you're talking about?" A nervous chuckle escaped her lips, her body moving back and forth between the trunk and the pile of boxes, each time the trip getting more difficult as Goldie cursed Billy for purchasing  a car that was for picking up the ladies and not for practicality. "I thought I taught you better than that" he chuckled seeing how embarrassed Goldie had gotten. "You taught me absolutely nothing but how to flirt".