#6: Tales of a Heiwaian Summer, Vol. 2

Ah, summer...

The long awaited days of being free from school and spending time doing anything and everything under the hot summer sun.

With the threat of Gakuganji just being a distant memory at this point, and no new school principal trying to get angry asakusans expelled or schools closed down, summer was shaping up to be the highlight of the final year at Heiwa.

But that's for next part because it's not summer yet, it's the final day of the first semester and there's things to be done.

The day opened with two unexpected visitors to the Royalty room, to get some counceling, from Izuru and Ban out of all people, because they knew Minami would probably insult them instead of giving any proper advice.

They weren't wrong, all things considered.

The ones seeking guidance were Ako and Tamaki, the girls that made Tate infamous for being an honourless playboy (manwhore), and they sat across Ban and Izuru, who took the couch for themselves.

"And then... A-and then... H-he just brushed us off like we weren't nothing!" Tamaki weeped, using her handkerchief to wipe her tears. "After all the time we spent together... I-it's like Tate-kun doesn't care about us anymore!"

"There, there, Tamaki-san." Ako said, comforting her friend with a hug. "I'm sure Tate-kun has his reasons... Even though we've done nothing but offer him our hearts, and all he's done is step on them like a brain ill horse."

"Ah huh..." Ban weakly nodded. 'Why do we have to listen to their spiel about that idiot?! It's the third time this week!'

"I can assure you two that Tate's just going through a tough moment." Izuru sighed. "You see, he was told he could potentially win a schoolarship to some football school on the brits' country, but to do that, he has to have good grades. Balancing football practise with rigorous studying is taking it's toll on him. He just doesn't have the time to date, but with summer right around the corner, I'm sure he's going to find some time to spend with the two of you."

Izuru lied as naturally as he breathed.

'That's probably my cheapest lie yet. And when did the Royalty become a place of counseling?! Our job's to be good at card games, not help people! It'll make people think we're a source of encouragement or something!' Izuru thought.

Ah, being a terrible Royalty member really runs in the family.

'Dude, that was your worst excuse yet...' Ban sweatdropped.

"A schoolarship...? Well, I guess that would force him to be careful when handling his time..." Tamaki sighed. "But the Tate-kun we know would still find a way... I'm sure it's because of that Tachibitch that is in our class...!"

"Tamaki-san, you can't simply blame Tachibitch for whatever happens to you." Ako said. "But yes, this is entirely her fault."

'I want out of the Royalty.' Ban and Izuru thought.

But that's when their saviour bursted through the door, in all of his slavic glory, oozing the fresh and delicate odor of raw potatoes!

"MIYUKI, BAN, I FIGURED IT OUT!" Tate yelled.

"Tate-kun!" Ako and Tamaki exclaimed, rushing to his side like those bimbos at concerts.

"Oh balls- I mean... H-hello there, Ako-chan, Tamaki-chan..." Tate swatdropped. "I'm sorry but I'm short on time, so we're gonna have to save this for another day!" He said, trying to push the two girls out of the room.

"B-but Tate-kun, classes won't start for another ten minutes, let's go eat something on the roof!" Tamaki requested.

"No please, come to the cafeteria with me instead! I'll buy you a car!" Ako offered.