Cold Water

Keefe's POV

I watched Tam as he stood in the river, rinsing the blood off my bandage.  He placed the cloth on the grass, and then moved on to my wound.  He splashed the river's cold water on it, and carefully wiped the blood off.  It hurt so much, but I knew Tam was being as gentle a possible.  I really wish Elwin were here. 

He looked up at me. "Do you want to get in the water  with me?  I think the cold water would do you some good..."  I gave him a weak smile. "I would, but..." I gestured at my gun wound, not finishing my sentence.  Tam rolled his eyes.  "Well yeah, obviously.  I know that.  I dont need you to swm or anything.  I just mean to stand in the water, where it's a little more than waist deep.  Then the flowing water can just rinse your wound, and i don't have to touch it.  It'll hurt less."  I hesitated, before answering.  "Alright, i guess..."  I got into the water, and GOD, it was cold.

Tam laughed.  "Oh my god, the look on your face..."  I glared at him, and splashed him in the face.  He abruptly fell silent.  I smirked.  Then he dove under water, got back up, and shook his head fiercly, like a dog, spraying me with water.  It quickly escalated into a splash fight.

We were both thoroughly soaked when Sophie called us.  "Coming!" Tam yelled back.  As we were getting out of the water, I slipped on a rock, and nearly face planted.  Tam, lightning fast, reached out and caught me.  "Careful!  We wouldn't want that pretty face of yours getting all bruised and cut and bloody, now, would we?" he said jokingly.

He picked up his cape, which he'd removed before entering the water, and ripped it into two pieces.  He used one to gently dry my wound, and the other to replace the old bandage, since it was soaked, and he gently wrapped it around my side.

As we were leaving, and I have no idea why I did this, or what I was thinking, but I leaned in and gave Tam a kiss.  Just a small one, on his cheek.

Then, blushing furiously, I left.

Hi guys!  I'm so sorry for disappearing for so long!  I got blocked out of the account, and only just regained access to it.  Sorry for this being a shorter chapter.

And thanks so much to all the new readers, because OMG 500 views!

Thank you!

And please remember to comment if you can.  You don't have to, but it really makes a difference. 

Hopefully the next chapter will be out soon!