Wedding Bells Part 4

The second group was much worse than the last. To no one's surprise, they all got slapped by the princess in the end.

Azul started off strong. He offered Eliza bouquet of flowers and sang her a song of love. His demise were his untruthful words amidst his compliments.

Cater was too flirtatious for the princess' taste. Deuce could not even get one word out of his mouth because of his extreme nerves.

Lilia got slapped as soon as he greeted the princess simply because he was adorable and not handsome.

As she was going through the lot, I noticed one of her guards remained unusually close by her side. A sparkle was visible in his eyes and his lips began to curve up into a smile each time he and the princess made eye contact. Whenever the princess frowned, so did he. Whenever Eliza glided in front of him, his hands nearly reached out for her only to be pulled back at his sides.

"Why does every man in this world have to be so disgraceful, violent and rude?!" Eliza groaned.

"These guys are just a bunch of useless men who have no clue how to treat you properly," the guard said.

"Of course they don't!" Eliza said with a bright smile, "None of them could compare to my Idia! He truly is my ideal prince!"

"How could we lose to that introvert?" Leona snarled, "He can't even sing."

"Idia is different from you all. I know he could sing for me, he's just a little shy at the moment. Now, we must hurry," Eliza urged, "There are still many preparations to make for the ceremony."

"Princess, maybe you should rest," the guard suggested, "It must be so exhausting dealing with these humans and planning your wedding."

"You're worried about me?" she placed a hand on her chest, "You're too kind, Alexander!"

"I've known you ever since we were kids. You always tend to push past your limits."

"You truly are the greatest friend someone could ask for!" the princess hugged him before she floated out of the cafeteria.

My eyes focused again on Alexander, whose head now hung low and in a hushed tone said, "Yes....friend....."

Ortho's screen then went black.

The only ones remaining were Ace, Riddle, Kalim, Epel, Rook, and Ortho.

I tried to see if any other students could help, but I did not have much success.

Jamil refused to leave Scarabia unattended and would not permit Kalim to participate in the mission. I found Silver, but he would not abandon his post as Malleus' bodyguard. Malleus provided the same argument as Lilia, that if he got involved, there could be major diplomatic issues in the Valley of Thorns. Ruggie would not take part unless he was paid.

Considering the results we received from the first two groups, I wondered if a third group being sent would make any difference at all.

If Eliza would not listen to a man, maybe she would to a woman.

"You're coming with me," I linked my arm with Rook's and began to head towards my dorm's direction.

"Oh? A little rendezvous, mademoiselle?" he teased.

"Sort of. I have an idea, but I need your help."

"Cassie? What're you planning?" Ace asked.

While continuing to walk with Rook, I glanced over my shoulder, "If I'm going to crash a wedding, I need to do it properly."

---------------

From afar, it looked like an ordinary crimson, off-shoulder gown decorated with lace flowers. Once the skirt was opened from the front, it would be revealed to be a jumpsuit. While I walked, the skirt would flare by my sides and the back.