happiness

love of my life

I'd like to say that we were the love of each other's lives. Maybe a little star-crossed, having met in the right place at the wrong time.

Nothing can be the same as it was.

I finished taping my last box and looked around the house. I was a little sad to leave this place behind, it's where I feel the closest to my mom,

our memories are everywhere-

painting the walls & our laughter echoing like the creaks in the steps.

But I have to leave, this place just has too many memories, I need to start over.

She would want me to be happy, she knows I'm not leaving her behind, I'm just moving on.

Growing up.

"Are you all packed?"

"Just about..."

I turned around to look at him with a big grin. This is what happiness feels like.

"Great, the movers will be here in a bit and after that we can head to Laguardia."

"What time will we land again?"

"One second let me check."

He unlocks his phone to pull up our tickets.

"We will land in the sunny city of Los Angeles, Sunday, 5:45pm local time."

"Thank you."

I look around the house, making sure for the last time that I'm not leaving anything behind.

"She would be proud of you ya know."

"You think so?"

"Yeah, you've come a long way, you can't take care of others until you've taken care of yourself."

"I'm not 100% there yet, but I'm working on it."

"No one is perfect, but you're doing what you can, hell we both are...and that's all that matters, the progress."

"You're right...I'm just a little nervous, but in a good way, I'm happy."

"Good, because I was completely lost without you."

"Me too...me too"

I closed the door behind me, with a heavy and hopeful heart. Home is wherever he is. My home is with him.

Here's to a life of learning each other's creases and ends,

Growing up together.

A life of happiness, a new beginning. 

-----

If you've gotten this far, thank you sm! It was such a bumpy updating schedule with my health going bananas. This album is amazing, it's helped me cope with a lot that's going on in my life, I can't wait until I can see Harry live. 

I think I'll do some edits on this story in the upcoming weeks, but for now it's  D O N E. 

To get sentimental a bit, if you're ever going through a hard time, just know that you are not alone. You can always reach out to me if you need someone to talk to.