"The Only Star"

Star and Marco had just been dismissed from school, and as they began to walk home, all Marco could think about was Jackie. She had said a simple 'hi' to him today (which was normally a big deal), but he didn't seem to care. While the 'safe boy' was busy thinking about this, Star was thinking about how hot it was outside and how much she wanted to just already be home. Holding out her magical wand-thingy and muttering a few words that came to mind, both of them disappeared and re-appeared in Star's room.
"I /told/ you that would be useful!" The princess cheered, jumping onto her bed and staring up at the glittery ceiling.
Marco smiled at the ridiculously goofy 'foreign' girl, realizing a few seconds later that he had been staring at her as if he were stargazing and she was a bright planet, taking all of his attention.
"I'm gonna go to my room, Star... I have to do my homework to keep my grades as the best ones you can get!" With this as his last words, Marco turned around and walked out of the room before Star could respond. In his room, he laid out all of his worksheets on his desk and stared at them. Homework was usually easy for him, but he couldn't focus enough to actually pick up his pencil and make a mark on the paper.
After hours of stalling on the homework and thinking deeply (for whatever reason) about Jackie and the latter events to her saying 'hi', Marco's mom called the two teenagers down for dinner. With his family he acted the same as he always did, but he spoke to Star less and never looked her in the eyes all throughout the meal. When he got back to his room, Marco continued to try to work on his homework, but the boy's thoughts were too scrambled.
It wasn't until late in the night that his work was finally done and he finally knew what he was truthfully feeling. Knowing that liking Star without /her/ knowing would trouble him during the day and his classes, Marco decided to tell her. He walked slowly and carefully across the hallway to the girl's room, where he opened the door and walked to her bedside. At this point he stopped and just looked at her. The young princess looked so peaceful in her sleep, and he couldn't bear to wake her.
So instead, unknowing that she had just silently awakened in time to hear him, Marco whispered, "I guess I like you, Star... It's a little weird, though, because I always thought that I liked Jackie, but right now... You're the only star in my sky."
Star smiled. "Aw, Safe Kid!" She said happily, pulling him into a hug.

«Thanks for reading my one-shot, cutie! I really appreciate it. A nice comment will inspire me to write more!! Many more thank-you's, cutie!!»