Ch 18- Littlest bunny

Author

As they were both walking in one direction, there was silence as Aiden handed out some supplies and placed them in the basket.

"Let 's get to know each other," he spoke suddenly and Mikes turned to him in surprise.
All his life Miles had been a person of few words and trying to get to know someone still seemed a strange sensation to him.

"I will take two supplies and you tell me who you like best, we will put it in the basket, " he continued explaining as the younger boy nodded his head. However, to him, getting to know Aiden seemed so easy to do and natural.

"Chips or chocolate?" Were the first two things he grabbed as he glanced across the shelf.

"Chips definitely," He responded immediately
"I hate chocolate." His lips took on the shape of an inverted crown as he made a disgusted look.

"Good choice. I hate them too. "Aiden placed them into the basket. "What do you think about vegetables?" he asked again.

"I strangely like them. Even if I don't, Andrea would have killed me just to eat them. " he said smiling as he extended his hand to pick up his favorites.

"Strangely enough me too. Everyone in my family hates them." A smile was placed on both their faces. The similarities between the two were bringing them closer. Miles felt safe and for the first time had spoken more than two words to someone he did not know.

As soon as they finished buying Aiden asked him to wait at the entrance while making the payment, but Miles had a request for him.

"Can you buy me some carrots?." A smile played on his lips as he remembered Andreas favourites and nodded with his head.

A few minutes passed and as the wait seemed longer he was coming to the supermarket entrance as a woman who looked like an employee was coming straight with a box in her hands. As soon as she was very close to Miles he left the entrance in order to clear the way, but a group of people who were coming out made her stumble and the whole box fell to the ground causing a loud noise.

The floor was covered in the red color of the sauce bottles which were now broken into the ground. His eyes were focused on the floor and his mind was in horror thinking of the gunshots and the screams of those who his father had tortured and he had been forced to see.

Voices in his head kept pounding as he covered his ears with his hands as if they wanted to make him suffer more, until he could not take it anymore and started screaming.

People gathered around him tried to approach and calm him down, but he tried to pull them away as it seemed in his head that they were strangling and shouting at him.

The noise could be heard even inside the supermarket, as the anxious Aiden ran towards the entrance leaving everything there.

Trying to get people away to penetrate the crowd his eyes went to Miles who was sitting on the ground and crying, asking them to leave.

"Hey. Hey big boy It's me Aiden. Your not alone. I'm here. " he spoke trying to calm him down and touching his shoulders, but Miles couldn't stop crying and distanced himself a little further.

"I want my mom." Was all he said as tears run down his cheeks one after another. Aiden found himself in a state of panic as it occurred to him that his mother had died long ago and could not find the right words.

"Miles your... mother. She's..." he was about to say dead, but Miles interrupted him.

"Call Andrea. I want Andrea. Take me out of here please. " Aiden nodded and he held out his hands to take him away as he grabbed him by the shoulders, two of the people who always accompanied him came and started to take people away from there.

As soon as they left they sat down on a bench and Aiden started calling Andrea who immediately answered.

"What do you want?" she asked clearly annoyed by him calling her.

"Look your brother... he suffered a panic attack..." without waiting for him to finish she immediately asked for the location and runs out of the door.

"Can you hug him? I will be there in a second. " she said and then closed the phone not wanting to spend a minute more before going there.

As soon as he hung up the phone and took a bottle of water in his hands from one of the guards he approached the young boy a few centimetres away on the bench where he was sitting. There were a few seconds of silence, when suddenly Aiden extended his hand with the water bottle in front of him and he even though hesitated a bit, took it in his hands and drank a sip.

His eyes were red and his head was down, not having the courage to look anyone in the eye.

"If you want to talk I can listen, but if you don't want to talk I still wont go. You are not alone Miles." And after saying those words he approached him a little closer and even though not sure of the other boy's feelings, he reached out his arms and hugged him tightly until he surrendered and started crying again. But this time he felt safe, something he felt only in Andreas arms.

" I decided, you are worse than your sister, a real bunny." He said out of nowhere as the boy got away from the hug and with his puffy eyes looked at him confused.

Aiden smiled softly. "You are the littlest bunny. " again confusion described Miles face as he asked. " Why littlest , who's the little bunny?"

"Your sister." Then the young boy understand and said.

"Then it makes you the big bunny." Aiden gulped once. He never thought of it this way, but he kinda liked it.

"If you want you can call me whatever. " they both smiled softly.

"I promise you Miles I won't let you alone. Never. Either will Andrea."Aiden spoke as a promise.

"So, is this a promise? Will I always stay with you two?" Miles asked still unsure if Aiden could keep his promise even though he has proved himself worthy to trust.

"I promise. We are going to be always the three musketeers, littlest bunny. "

As a sense of calmness and protection had already taken over Miles's heart, another heart which was nearby was beating so fast that she could swear it would leave the chest.

She tried to hold back tears as she heard the words of two people sitting on the bench in front of her.

As they heard a slight click of heels approaching, the two boys turned their heads back and Miles immediately got up and approached her in a hug.

"Hey bebe, I'm here." She said as she caressed his head.

"Do you want to talk about what happened to me?" she asked knowing that she was the only one who could make him talk, but he shook his head as a no, smiling.

Andrea was surprised that he was this calm. She couldn't stop as she felt guilty because all this in one way or another was her fault and now he was forced to live in pain.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault babe, but I will take you away from here ." she whispered only for him to hear.

"I want to go home." He said , for the first time addressing a place as his home and Andreas eyes started to water a little.

"Also, can we eat pizza and see a movie?" Another thing that surprised Andrea. Her little boy was finally asking for something and talked more than a few words in front of a person he didn't know.

"Let's order all kinds of pizza, I'm dying to eat." Aiden said as he put his hand on Miles's shoulders and pulled him straight towards the car, letting Andrea standing there alone like a statue.

She was blankly watching them leave and then started yelling at them as a historical.

"Miles, you traitor! Wait for me. I do not know how to drive and I do not even have a car."