Season 5 - This Is What You Came For

Guilt, sadness, grief, numbness, heart broken.

Happiness, joy, peace, hope, faith and love.

There was a time I wanted to live more than anything and another where I didn't want to be here, to be alive or feel anything. I feel like going to New Orleans will do me good. A fresh start somewhere far away from here.

I will miss my family and my friends but I deserve a shot at happiness.

"Are you sure you want to go?" Elena insists, looking at me with a pleading look and ever since she arrived at my house, she's been giving me a million reason why I shouldn't go.

I sigh, packing the clothes in my bag before turn to look at Elena. "I'm sure. I want to go for a while, you said you were okay with it." Elena let's a tear fall down her cheek. "I can't stay in this town forever. I told you I was gonna leave when everything here was done. Klaus-." she cuts me off.

"Klaus this. Klaus that. It's always about Klaus, Emma." She yells at me, wiping a few tears away angrily. "He broke your heart! He killed your family. Our family! How can you go to New Orleans to help him with whatever he needs?"

"You broke my heart, did I leave you?!" I snap back, making her look down.

"I love you, Emma. I don't want you to go and leave me here all alone." She says, her voice not rising above a whisper.

"You're not alone, Elena. You still have me. You have Jer, Care, Stefan, Damon and even Bonnie." I list, tossing the last few pieces of clothing into my bag. "I need to go. Klaus isn't the only one that needs me there. Elijah and Bekah need me too." I state, leaving Hayley and her baby out of this because I don't think they need to know about it yet.

"I mean it's not too late, you could compel yourself into college and Care would take care of the room. Bonnie is not here yet and you could take her bed until she comes back. I mean she wouldn't mind and...." she trails off, making me roll my eyes.

"It's my decision Elena. Please, respect it." I plead, closing my bag and looking back up at her.

"I know you're still in love with Klaus. Somehow. But think about how he hurted you, what if he does it again?!" She insists and I know Elena is looking out for me but I want to leave Mystic Falls and start over.

"Stop being selfish, Elena." I suddenly burst out, making her sit down on my bed with a small sigh. "Have you stopped to think that this might be the best thing that has happened to me in a while?"

"I-I just don't want to lose you." She says lowly.

I turn towards Elena, giving her a forced smile. "You and Care are going to college today, you don't need me here. I'm only one phone call away and I'll come back but only if it's a case of life or death."

I think I forgot to tell you.

So Bonnie did a spell to bring Jeremy back to life. We don't know how but she did and I don't think I could thank her enough for that. The weird thing is that ever since he came back to life, Bonnie disappeared. All we had was a few text messages saying she needed time with her mom and wanted to travel. I hope she's fine.

"We were suppose to start college today!" She exclaims.

"We were. Before any of us even had a thought about vampires being real." I reply with a slight smile.

"Em, if he breaks your heart, I won't hesitate to go to New Orleans and kick his ass." Elena sternly speaks with her eyes narrowed which makes me laugh.

"I'm pretty sure he would kill you even before you got the chance to kick his ass." I say, amused with the fact of Elena wanting to fight Klaus. "However, Elijah or Bekah would be the first ones to do that." I point out.