Chapter One - One Direction?!

Maybe they didn’t intentionally mean to leave me in the dust… you keep thinking over and over again.  You are attempting to walk home all by yourself along a highway in the dark at 11:00 PM.  You were just in the next town where One Direction were rumored to be.  Your friends had quickly ditched you when the crowd thought they saw them and began running.  You weren’t mad at them, knowing that they were such big fans and happy to drive them there, being the only one among your friends with a driver’s license--until one of them ran off with your car keys. 

It feels like you’ve been walking for hours, staring at the paved road with your hands in your sweatshirt pockets.  As you walked and felt the cold breeze on your face, you suddenly panic, hoping it won’t take you until morning to get to your home that was only a half hour away—by car. 

You were thinking about such things when you looked up and saw two glowing lights in the distance.  It was obviously a car, so you just watched as its headlights slowly got bigger.  But as it got closer, you realized it wasn’t a car.  It was something larger.  At first you thought it might be a semi-truck, but no—something about it told you it couldn’t be that, either.  Now the vehicle was getting really close, but you still couldn’t make out what it was against its extremely bright headlights.  You keep walking, never even thinking to move over.  As you stare into the lights you begin to get dizzy and feel yourself wandering out into the middle of the road.  Suddenly you look to your right and see a huge flash of light, hear a loud honk, and then feel the vehicle whizzing by you at an incredible speed.  You find yourself flying onto the ground.  You hit your head, and everything goes black…

You slowly open your eyes.  Everything’s blurry, but you can tell it’s morning.  Or what if it’s something else?  Am I dead?  You think to yourself.  All of a sudden you feel a slight jerk.  You open your eyes wider and find yourself looking at a fuzzy beige ceiling.  Confused, you look to your right and out a window.  You see trees and telephone poles going by.  Even more confused, you realize you’re lying on a red leather couch with a thin blanket covering you.  You look to your right and you see nice white carpeting on the floor, a small table along the wall, a mini-fridge, and even a wooden door.

“Oh!  Guys, she’s awake, come quick!” you hear someone shout.

Suddenly someone bursts out of the door.  You realize that that room was the bathroom.  You look into the boy’s face.  He has brown hair and brown eyes.  You swear you’ve seen him before…maybe I know him but I’m having a hard time remembering since I hit my head?  The boy smiles and sits at the table.

“Guys, she’s awake!” you hear the same voice shout again.

You wish he would just be quiet, but there’s something about his voice that makes you smile.

Two other boys of the same age pull open a curtain and come in also, one with brown hair and blue eyes sitting next to the one at the table, while the other with curly hair sits across from him.  You’re just lying there, staring at the three at the table as they stare back at you.  Your eyes move down where you notice a blonde boy sitting in a chair with a guitar on his lap, smiling at you, too. 

You watch the boy with brown hair and blue eyes snatch a pillow from his seat and toss it at another couch near yours. 

“Zayn, wake up!” he shouts.

The pillow hits the sleeping boy.  He doesn’t stir, just breathes loudly.  He has dark brown hair and a slightly darker skin-tone than the rest with a bit of scruff on his jaw line.

The blonde boy laughs.  “Louis, just shake him,” he chuckles. 

Louis, the boy who threw the pillow, approached Zayn quietly and then shakes him.  “Zayn!” he says, “She’s awake!”